Lasik Eye Surgery

Disclaimer

oh yeah, did you end up going with TLC or lasikplus?

i'm trying to find a place around me so i don't have to drive like 50 mins just for a consult that will tell me my eyes are too sexy for surgery. the place i'm looking at in mentor is affiliated with TLC in Cleveland (i think it's off of rockside rd).

that is hurtful racism.

and the squinting baby jesus gave me bedroom hair instead of bedroom eyes, so i hope you're happy at crushing the one smidgen of hope at happiness and self confidence i had.

i H8 u!!!1111!1!!1!!one!11!

I went to Lasikplus. And don't worry about your squint eyes... they were able to put an eye speculum under mine and crank them wide open -- though I think I broke the screw gear*.

*There are a million and 1 sex jokes in that sentence. Have at it.

• 1 year later...
*Thread Resurrection*

Getting Lasik on Friday. Not really nervous about it...yet...

Anyone else have any personal experiences to share? Should I ask for a Valium???

Yes and go home and sleep immediately (atleast 4 hours). Wake up and eye drops non stop.

IIRC, on that scale, for me, between 5 and 7, with maybe one or two brief spikes to 8. Mostly 5 though. Just in the first day.

After 24hrs... 1 or 2.

+1

I worked the night before and got mine done in the morning at 9ish was home in bed at 11 and woke up at 8 that night. I slept through the painful part when the numbing drops are wearing off. For me it was about as painful as having a dry contact in.

My wife had PRK. The first eye the didn't get quite right so she had to go back in for a redo. It went from a +3.5 to a +0.5 prescription. They figured out what went wrong with the measurement for the first eye (her eye was moving during the measurement a week before the procedure).

Second eye was done just fine 3mo later.

Had to wait a year for the first eye to fully heal before the redo.

Worst bit was she turned out to be allergic to the post-op eyedrops. Whoops!

Now, something like 4 years post-op, she's never looked back (pun intended). Loves it. Bit of dry eye here an there, but she had that before too so it was no change for her.