Used 200KW - 250KW Generator

ironbuttwannabe

I'm looking for

-used 200 KW - 250 KW gen set. Single Phase.

- diesel tank

- large air tanks

Are you sure youre looking for a 200KW gen.. Thats 200,000 watt generator.. Thats industrial and then some and about $60,000+ new.

Also about the size of a 14+ft trailer for a portable one and the size of a small garage for a stationary one.

I think you mean 2KW aka 2000 watts and im assuming youre looking for something for track events/tire warmers?

Edited by flounder

HOLY COW! How many neighborhoods are you planning on running power to? :lol:

Good luck with finding that one!

I've been searching the net for the last couple of days finding quite a few that will "work" but not what I'm really looing for.

I'm getting ready for the Zombie attack or 2012 whichever comes first :rolleyes:

I've been searching the net for the last couple of days finding quite a few that will "work" but not what I'm really looing for.

I'm getting ready for the Zombie attack or 2012 whichever comes first :rolleyes:

I used ot kow a few sites that would have stuff like that, I don't remember them now. I'll see if I have my bookmarks from a few years saved somewhere.

Have you tried Ebay? I know that sounds funny, but big stuff like that isn't anything like the regular stuff on there.

I used ot kow a few sites that would have stuff like that, I don't remember them now. I'll see if I have my bookmarks from a few years saved somewhere.

Have you tried Ebay? I know that sounds funny, but big stuff like that isn't anything like the regular stuff on there.

Yes, I've found a few. One of them is in Canton, which isn't far from me. It seems like most of the used units are 3 phase though. Which I'm guessing the easiest way to convert them to single is through a transformer. I don't know much about automatic generators. I also need an automatic transfer switch, which isn't cheap, so the generator will kick on as soon as power goes out.

Thats a little to big for me to help ya with. I work for lincoln and we sometimes can get great deals on overstock generators. but the biggest one we have on closeout is the ranger 10,000. I have a 4000wat gen/welder I picked up a few years back.

You wouldn't happen to have any mig welders on closeout would you? I have a 140V now and looking for a bigger one

Yeah they alays have something on closeout give me a model number of what you are looking for and I will check if they have any on sale. They seem to have lots of sp140 and sp180 series on sale. Some times they have the hobby weld or weld pack 100 on sale and once in awhile they have the bigger 220v welders on sale.