So I bought an HTC Droid Eris...

jagr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think if the droid is twice as good as the Eris it's still gonna at least mildly sucky on the SuckOmeter.

I'll just stick with ol' grandaddy hotness till the next big thang comes out.

I just heard that iPhone and ATT might drop the contract this year. Not sure how true it is but I can't wait to get back to Verizon and to do it with my iPhone. I love this thing and I've tried the Droid and I'm not a huge fan of the OS. Maybe the iPhone is for some and not for others.

I just heard that iPhone and ATT might drop the contract this year. Not sure how true it is but I can't wait to get back to Verizon and to do it with my iPhone. I love this thing and I've tried the Droid and I'm not a huge fan of the OS. Maybe the iPhone is for some and not for others.

it's not dropping, it's expiring. theres been talk about it since last year. ATT's contract with Apple expires in June of this year, but we probably cant expect an IPhone on Verizon until mid 2011 after their LTE/4G network has rolled out.

...we probably cant expect an IPhone on Verizon until mid 2011 after their LTE/4G network has rolled out.

That's fine with me, I still have another year on this crap contract anyway...lol. Seems to work out great then.

I've tried the Droid and I'm not a huge fan of the OS. Maybe the iPhone is for some and not for others.

lol...wut? they are virtually identical interfaces...

unlock is a touch/drag gesture, works in landscape or portrait with multiple home screens that are touch/drag, has large icons that are clicked for the phone's functions and folders, lock button is top right in portrait mode...

droid has a better camera, better processor, open source OS...etc

(with the exception of a few "gestures" the only big difference is the droid has a tactile keyboard) if you're so inclined you can make a droid "act" almost identical to an iphone.

the only reasons someone would choose an Iphone over a droid was if they were an apple nutswinger, they were prejuduced against Moto, or if ATT was a great network in their area.

Droid > Iphone ...in every aspect I can think of.

Edited by magley64

My wife has the Eris and loves the damn thing. I played with it for a couple hours and found nothing wrong with it except it was running an older version of the OS. But they're due to release an update to bring it up to 2.X in the next month or so from what I found several months ago (when I bought it for her) and recently.

Not sure what you think the Motorola is going to get you over the HTC except a lighter wallet. We played with both for about an hour in store and I couldn't find a substantial reason to spend $100 more for the Moto.

Knock the Eris if you want but they're still a better smartphone than others.

Not sure what you think the Motorola is going to get you over the HTC except a lighter wallet. We played with both for about an hour in store and I couldn't find a substantial reason to spend $100 more for the Moto.

well it's HALF the speed of my droid...pretty substantial in my book.

My wife has the Eris and loves the damn thing. I played with it for a couple hours and found nothing wrong with it except it was running an older version of the OS. But they're due to release an update to bring it up to 2.X in the next month or so from what I found several months ago (when I bought it for her) and recently.

keep waiting :rolleyes: if the hardware could handle it, why wouldn't it have shipped with it?

well it's HALF the speed of my droid...pretty substantial in my book.

Define half as fast and what parts of the phone are we talking specifically? This is all relative you understand. If you come back with "well my Moto does this in 5 seconds and the crappy Eris only did it in 10 seconds" then I don't think there's much to argue about. I'm not going to waste my hard earned money just to save 5 seconds.

keep waiting :rolleyes: if the hardware could handle it, why wouldn't it have shipped with it?

Can't really say why it wasn't shipped with it, I don't work for HTC. But I will say that the OS is skinny enough that it could probably run on my silly LG Touch if I could port it over. There's enough power to run 2.X on the Eris.

Edited by r1crusher