its a good day....

kawi kid

i just got all my stuff ready and reloaded my first box and half of .243 today. not as challenging as i thought, just alot of little things you have to pay attention too. any tips and tricks anyone has im always open to learn something new.

Ha! It's a lot of fun, isn't it? Keep some records of what you're doing. So you know what works better, if you make changes.

Crimping needs to be consistent. And done just right. Even varying the amount of hand pull or pressure can change it. So I'd say be consistent when you crimp. Also, inspect your cartridges and components. Before, during and after assembly.

ROI depends on what caliber your shooting if you want a flat rate round # for ROI.

I think when I got into it, I calculated that my reloading setup was paid for in the first 200 rounds of 308 I loaded which was only 2 days at the range for me.

How much and how fast it saves money is directly linked to how much shopping around you do for the reloading

components. The last couple of years the components have gone up in price something stupid. Once you have good reloadable brass and you shop around on bullets you can save pretty quick, my friend was buying .220 swift for his groundhog gun at 23-25 bucks a box, I just reloaded his brass for 8-9 bucks per box of 20.

im just shooting a 62 gr bullet (barnes varmint greneade) and 45 grains of powder (rl 19) so roughly around half price after the cci primers. its nothing special just for ground hogs. now im just trying to get my gun zero'd in and im set.

I REALLY need to learn the ins and outs of reloading my own ammo and get the stuff to do it. Heck even my girl wants me to get reloading equipment since it just makes sense with all the different caliber ammo I go through. I'm sure once I get the $$ for the rig I'll be asking you guys lots of questions:D