Sport Tour, Cincinnati

RSVDon

Went down there to pick up a tire and some brake pads. They have a nice little shop off of 275, and they cover just about every aspect of "sport". They have sportbike gear, touring gear, and can get a whole bunch of stuff in. They also carry Suomy, Shoei, HJC, Icon, Alpinestars, etc.

The guys I worked with were really good, could find things fast, and the prices were very good. I plan on going back. :cool:

Their website is okay at best, but the store is nice.

sporttour.com

I have been there twice now and both times I have been very happy with their service and availability of gear and supplies. It's an awesome place and from what I hear they do most of their business online but they need the storefront to keep their online stuff legit to some suppliers. Even then they are awesome people that are more than willing to help with anything you need. I would recommend them to anyone in the area!

• 9 months later...

I've been going to Sport Tour for about 5 years now. Howard, Glen, Ray and Andy provide the best customer service I have ever found in the MC retail industry. Now where else have I found staff that will talk you thought the products and help you find the one that is best for you.

In house selection is decent and what they don't have they can get.

Prices are low. I've only been able to beat there prices a couple of times. Better than Iron Pony, Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Superstore. If you can find it on ebay or a closeout it may be cheaper 90% of the time, your wasting your time.

Website is LAME! Don't be detered from giving them a call. I told them that the site was bad and Ray showed me the site that is being developed. It will be much better, giddy up boys!

• 3 months later...

I had a bad experience there. Its my own fault for not researching before I purchased but I got swindled into buying a HJC FS10 helmet that they were upselling hardcore. It was probably sitting there for a year and they purchsed it from the castle. They sold it to me for retail and lied to my face telling me it was on uber clearance and id never find it for that price anywhere else. They were correct, I found it cheaper EVERYWHERE else. Asshats.

Again totally my fault for being a gullable impulse buyer but that's fine cause they have lost me and everyone I can tell as a customer. Crooks

I had a bad experience there. Its my own fault for not researching before I purchased but I got swindled into buying a HJC FS10 helmet that they were upselling hardcore. It was probably sitting there for a year and they purchsed it from the castle. They sold it to me for retail and lied to my face telling me it was on uber clearance and id never find it for that price anywhere else. They were correct, I found it cheaper EVERYWHERE else. Asshats.

Again totally my fault for being a gullable impulse buyer but that's fine cause they have lost me and everyone I can tell as a customer. Crooks

According to the website, they have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee return policy.

I don't need their 30 days. They are crooks and will never see the likes of me ever again.

I recommend to anyone thinking of checking out their shop to do some research before you purchase anything and take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I really don't see how this is the fault of the shop. They're still in the business of making money and the people behind the desk are salesmen, regardless. This isn't Kayak.com where you will get a list of prices elsewhere to compare. You, as the consumer are responsible for knowing about the product you're buying. You do the research on what you want to buy and then you can make a decision on the spot when they try to sell you that "awesome" part/gear. If you listened to the salesman's speech and took it all in and never thought to look into it yourself...I have no sympathy for you.

That being said, the people I worked with there were pleasant, willing to match price to a competitor, and some of them are avid riders.

Badmouthing a shop because they told you a helmet was good (which it is) and you bought it for their asking price instead of thinking for yourself is bad form.

Good day sir.

• Upvote 1

Badmouthing a shop because they told you a helmet was good (which it is) and you bought it for their asking price instead of thinking for yourself is bad form.

Good day sir.

This forum is for kudos or a beef with a shop. read the description on the front of the forum.

IF you actually read the whole post instead of jumping to conclusions you would have realized that i already stated that most of this was my fault for not researching.

I am simply stating that before shopping there EVERYONE should do their research. I am describing my bad experience in detail, and yes i am bad mouthing MY experience.

I have found multiple other shops in Cincinnati area which will recieve my business that are honest motorcycle shops. i dont know about YOU but i dont want to worry about getting swindled when i enter the door if i dont know much about a specific product.

Again this is a OPINION. you dont have to try to defend a shop if you dont like something that was said ( unless you work there...) This forum will have good and bad reviews, this is just one experience and one customer.

Im not trying to offend anyone, im just relaying my thoughts on sport tour WHICH IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR.

they're not really crooks (for all they knew, they had the best price around), you just had a noob moment.

if you take it for what it is, take your licks like a man, and return the damn helmet and buy it online since it's so much cheaper. it's not every day that you get totally pwned on a business transaction and get a mulligan with a 30 day return policy.

they're not really crooks (for all they knew, they had the best price around), you just had a noob moment.

if you take it for what it is, take your licks like a man, and return the damn helmet and buy it online since it's so much cheaper. it's not every day that you get totally pwned on a business transaction and get a mulligan with a 30 day return policy.

This.

Ive actually got a new helmet at a great deal from a real shop. I have decided to keep the old helmet and shit in it.

Sorry for relaying my experience in the hopes it may help someone else. I must have been incorrect as to the purpose of this forum.

Hopefully you guys at the least learned that Sport Tour is not a perfect place and in MY OWN opinion is a shitty place to shop.

this thread got good quick....

look dude you had a bad experience, we all have had good ones. its going to be tough to hold your argument here I know. if you truly wanted a great price on a helmet a dealership or little storefront like sport tour isnt going to be the best place to buy one, ever. they have their "margins" they have to make in order to stay open, online stores and ebay based stores can pretty much sell stuff for stupid cheap and get away with it because they dont have to worry about things like rent and electricity.and face it, not everyone is going to know everything about every helmet in stock, i encourage everyone to research all you can about investments in riding gear such as gloves, a jacket, boots, and especially a helmet. all gear is expensive and is very vital to your riding experience and has just as much as an effect on your pocket book.

for things like oils, tires, brakes, etc. you cant beat a place like sport tour. i shop there often enough to get a little bit of a discount nowadays so its even nicer. :D

sorry about your bad experience bro.

Edited by e-flores

Sorry for relaying my experience in the hopes it may help someone else.

Oh I read all of your responses. Twice even.

What I'm getting is that you're trying to blame a shop because you're an impulse buyer with no inclination to research a purchase like a helmet before walking into the store.

And it's that horrible store's fault for you spending money...

I hear Iron Pony has some spectacular knowledge/pricing on helmets. Maybe you should shop there next time.

gtfo2.gif

I didn't want to pay both Ohio tax AND shipping. And I was boooored. Ended up getting a 120/70/17 Dunlop Sportmax Q2 for $122. :cool:

Um...I was selling one for $85.

And I have a ton of 10% coupons to motorcycle-superstore.com

:D

• 1 month later...