Skydiving Meet

Cheech

/edit: Due to some lovely medical billing shenanigans with my insurance company I can't commit to this anymore. If someone else wants to pick up the mantle and put this on, I'll leave the interested parties list and the rest of the post below. Mods, feel free to lock/delete if necessary.

Place to be determined. I popped my cherry at Start Skydiving Ohio in Lebanon, about a hour and a half from Columbus. The prices there were really reasonable, and they were willing to work out deals on the video if we had a bunch of people ordering them. Prices here: http://www.startskydiving.com/tandem-pricing.htm I'm open to suggestions on venue.

Date I'm thinking Saturday, June 19th, weather permitting.

What you can expect:

This is a whole-day deal, especially if we get a bunch of people in a group. The plane in Start Skydiving will take 4 (i think) groups at a time, so they will rotate as necessary. There's about 3-4 hours of instruction, including a 45 minute video. Afterwards you get paired up with your instructor, put the jumpsuit on, go through the positions you need to be in when, then get on the plane. You'll free-fall for almost a minute, then the chute will deploy. It's worth going for the chute deployment alone, when it goes everything around you goes absolutely SILENT. Really cool sensation. Steer towards the drop zone, land, get on the truck back to the hangar, begin drinking beer. Easy-peasy. :D

For everyone that says "damn, I want to do that sometime..." time's up. Hike up your skirt, grab your bollocks, and jump out of a plane. :)

IN:

Cheech

RFM

juliejuliejulie (?)

qwip10 (?)

flounder

muthafukin y to the otes

OsuMj (for emotional support and documenter of shenanigans only, no jump)

2WheelSwagger +1

Hondajt

Edited by Cheech

Any thoughts about skydivegreencounty? Im in for a trip, assuming they let me jump where I left off when getting my class A. I dont really want to do a tandem again.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. Maybe a couple of review jumps for my AFF.

i don't like the thought of falling... I wouldn't mind coming and watching though... there's usually a few decent landings ;)

I had a friend that somehow forgot to put his feet down and just landed on his butt... that was funny.

i don't like the thought of falling... I wouldn't mind coming and watching though... there's usually a few decent landings ;)

I had a friend that somehow forgot to put his feet down and just landed on his butt... that was funny.

Wuss... Ill let you hold my gun... Just no punching it. :cool:

You HOPE :D Me thinks riding motorcycles is dangerous enough.

If it doesn't, there's a computer with a small blasting charge in the pack that will force-deploy your reserve chute in the event you or the instructor doesn't pull the line. It's totally safe.