Time for an Upgrade

2 fiddy girl

gallery_1213_725_186425.jpg

2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster, $7,100 plus your county taxes, no other fees.

I love this bike.

I change my vote! Get the 09 ZX6R Monster edition! THAT'S the hotness!

:D Just yankin' your chain.

Man, do that for too long and you're liable to get wet.:puke::bukkake:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "hard" part is too soft, and that's the problem that needs licked. I'll update my thread about it, if I can find it again.

i hear if you lick the soft part enough, it becomes hard. Just saying.

I started on a 07 Ninja 250. I really enjoyed it. Gas mileage was great and it was awesome through turns. But now with my Fizzer 600 its great to have the extra power when you need to get out of the way or are on the freeway or just wanna go faster than a 250 can do. :D

Get the white gixxer. It's the hotness! 600's for a small bike are the way to go...my opinion is the smaller cc's are just too weak for keeping you out of close calls.
He had sex with MJ. That's their offspring. Look at it. *Shudder*. :p

:wtf::eek::wtf::eek::wtf:

Get the white gixxer. It's the hotness! 600's for a small bike are the way to go...my opinion is the smaller cc's are just too weak for keeping you out of close calls.

It's laughable to me that people refer to 600's as "small" bikes. only in America...

I'd contend that an I4 600 is uncomfortable and overkill for street riding. The OP said she tries to avoid the highway. Why get a bike that is designed for comfort-sacrificing aerodynamics, and 150+ top-speed?

the Duc, or a 650 twin (kawasaki or suzuki) would be a substantial jump in power, and tons more practical and comfortable than any of the "R" bikes listed.

FZ6 is the only I4 600 that I'd seriously consider for street riding.

It's laughable to me that people refer to 600's as "small" bikes. only in America...

I'd contend that an I4 600 is uncomfortable and overkill for street riding. The OP said she tries to avoid the highway. Why get a bike that is designed for comfort-sacrificing aerodynamics, and 150+ top-speed?

the Duc, or a 650 twin (kawasaki or suzuki) would be a substantial jump in power, and tons more practical and comfortable than any of the "R" bikes listed.

....and it's laughable to me that you think otherwise. :popcorn::p It's like saying any car over 100hp is ignorant to have unless you're on a race track. If you don't like power than that's your problem. :p Plus a 600 isn't that powerful and I started on one and raped it for 4 years on and off track as my first bike.

I've ridden a 250 and I know others that have as well and they are fun in a parking lot we have agreed on. I always refer 600, but that's just me. A 250 is good to experience how to work the clutch and throttle, then when that 15 minutes is over buy a 600. ;)

This girl knows how to ride so if she wants a gawddamn 600 sportbike she is within her gawddamn right to own one. :woo::wheeliezx10:

WHAT?! WHAT!? :p

Edited by NinjaNick

There are 135lb men? :lol: I don't get to see many of those around here unless they are underweight teenagers. I rode a 250 at my SLIM weight of 220lbs and a 600 and I thought the 250 wasn't a good choice back in 2003. Just my opinion of course.

I do remember saying I try to avoid the highway, but that was last year and I'm more comfortable with highways now. So because that is no longer the case it is for this reason I feel I need a bigger machine...I love the sportbike look but am nervous of the uncomfortable riding position especially compared to what I'm used to riding.

Maybe an R bike (100+ hp) is too much but for the sake of argument -- any bike in the beginning was too much for me...so I guess it's just a graduation.

I love my 250, just want a bigger machine. So for practicality and physical appearance I want the perfect fit (possible??).

This girl knows how to ride so if she wants a gawddamn 600 sportbike she is within her gawddamn right to own one.

who said she didn't have the 'right' to own one? I'm sure after spending so many miles on a 250, she'd be fine on a 600; I just think she'd be happier with a 650(ish) twin. I'm basing my opinion on her stated riding style and desired qualities for a new bike. SHE proposed the Duc as an option, and that's what I recommended. The 650 twins are just more alternatives with similar performance.

So for practicality and physical appearance I want the perfect fit (possible??).

Find a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Ducati, and Aprilia dealership and start sitting on all the bikes that look interesting to you. It's the only way to get a good handle on what your wants and needs are and what fits you.

I love my 250, just want a bigger machine. So for practicality and physical appearance I want the perfect fit (possible??).

ninja 650R then.

looks a lot like the 250, will feel quite similar, but has ~62hp instead of 28.

it'll still do 130mph and pulls the quarter mile in 11.5 or less.

for comparison, the 600 will do 150mph, and runs the quarter in more like 10.9 (maybe a bit quicker)

the 650 will cost you $3k less than a 600; insurance will be quite a bit cheaper, and given that you're a light rider, you'll probably keep up with heavier (male) riders on 600's right up to 120mph or so.

is 20mph of top speed and half a second or so in the quarter mile worth the extra money to you?

if the answer's yes, then CBR or GSXR is for you.

We have a 650r. The wife likes it but there's no way that bike is keeping up with any 600 no matter the weight difference. Well maybe if the 600 rider was 300lbs. Not to mention it's top speed is really only about 120 and I wouldn't say it exactly rockets to it's top end.