Waving gesture rules??

jsheikh

So I never knew there was a waving thing until Easter when my brother and I rode our bikes to my grandmothers and on the way he waved at some bikes so I followed suit. When we stopped he explained it to me. On my way home I got waved at by all types (sportbikes and cruisers) they usually waved first and I waved back. To be honest it was awesome and now when I am driving my Audi and I pass a bike I'm like dang I wanna wave lol

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wave thing is kind of hard for me, as all 3 of my rides are rides that people wave. When on the bike I want to wave at Jeeps. In the Jeep I find myself wanting to wave at bikes, and my head almost explodes when I see any Gen2 RX7, and if I am in my RX7 and see another RX7 convertible I almost go into a seizure waving at them.

I am such a gear dork :/

The Harley guys don't wave to me because I'm all decked out in my safety gear, with a helmet on, riding a metric cruiser.

The sport bike guys don't wave because they are too frickin cool to wave to a cruiser.

My new rule, I ain't waving no more. I hate everyone! :bigfinger:

LOL! :D

I always liked the whole waving thing and I'll tell you why. When you wave you are indicating that you are part of a some kind of brotherhood. Believe me ALL the cars around you see when two bikes pass each other and they both wave. It's an impact. And they are secretly jealous that they don't "belong" to a kinship.

How often do you see people waving to each other in cars? (rural West Virginia being the ONLY exception to this rule) The only way you are going to wave from car to car if if you BOTH are driving something very cool and very exotic.

I like the wave. We riders are a unique breed and have a lot in common. I will always wave at you no matter what I ride or what you ride, its the fact THAT we ride is what binds us ;)

Edited by ShankroidBeast
I farted and smelled it. I'm able to stand now.

Stole this from a Hayabusa forum:

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Riders Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why Sportbikers Riders Riders Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Riders Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why Dual Purpose Riders Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why Moped & Ruckus Riders Don't Wave Back

OMG who cares if this a repost!!?? This is hilarious!! :lol: I'm in class and busted out laughing....that was awesome!!