Bird strike this morning on the way to work

RVTPilot

Here I am riding to work minding my own busienss and FWAP! Take a black bird off the dome. It got spooked off the shoulder of the road, but I couldn't duck enough, or quickly enough I guess. Little scuffs on the lid, but nothing that won't polish out. Hit me just above the left side of my visor and pushed my head back like I was in a pillow fight. Laughed the rest of the way into the office. But the poor bastard spun to the ground behind me and dropped like a stone. It must have broke its neck, because it wasn't even flopping around.

My favorite will always be the bird to my right inner thigh. I was stretching my leg. Bam. Instant charliehorse. Almost fell off the bike.

Now that's funny stuff, right there! Both funny "odd", and funny "haha"!!!

Glad you survived it though.

My only bird story is a barely missed story, so not worth telling other than it scared the poo right down my leg...

On the way to Mid Ohio to watch some AMA races a few years back, a friend took one to the dome. The funniest thing to see from behind is a sudden feather puff from a helmet, and a cartwheeling bird. Shit, that sounds evil...:o

I have a friend in Fremont that I was in the Corps with. He got hit in the chest with a robin at about 35-40 MPH in just a t-shirt. (was on a HD sportster). Said you could see the outline of the head an beak in his chest surrounded by a nasty bruise.

Since it hit right at the top of my visor, it was sort of a glancing blow. Felt like I got hit with a cornhole bag. Wasn't going to fast really.

Doh!!! Whoever it was standing outside the circus trying to save the elephants!

actually I might be with PETA on releasing captive elephants; not because it's cruel to the elephants, but because people are fragile and stupid.

(some may consider this graphic) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viti_JHSft8

there are tons of related videos that are as bad, or worse.

I have a friend in Fremont that I was in the Corps with. He got hit in the chest with a robin at about 35-40 MPH in just a t-shirt. (was on a HD sportster). Said you could see the outline of the head an beak in his chest surrounded by a nasty bruise.

Since it hit right at the top of my visor, it was sort of a glancing blow. Felt like I got hit with a cornhole bag. Wasn't going to fast really.

LMAO...youve been hit in the head with a cornhole bag before? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry, to me thats just funny...

Hay RTVpilot , just wondering , what color is your bike ?

Got a friend with a blue wing , and the birds would pick him out of a group when riding , more than once it happened .

Maybe motorcycle awarness for the birds too ?? :)

LMAO...youve been hit in the head with a cornhole bag before? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry, to me thats just funny...

Given the events surrounding me having been hit in the head with a cornhole bag and the statue of limitations, I cannot elaborate. But yes, it was worth the laugh. :lol:

Hay RTVpilot , just wondering , what color is your bike ?

Got a friend with a blue wing , and the birds would pick him out of a group when riding , more than once it happened .

Maybe motorcycle awarness for the birds too ?? :)

Silver, red & black. I think the bird overestimated his own ability to avoid me. The more I think about this morning, the more I laugh about it.

On the way to Mid Ohio to watch some AMA races a few years back, a friend took one to the dome. The funniest thing to see from behind is a sudden feather puff from a helmet, and a cartwheeling bird. Shit, that sounds evil...:o

Haha, I'm sitting in the computer lab and I laughed out loud when I read this and people just stared at me...

awwww, that's scary... i know this is an irrational fear, but i've always been afraid i'm gonna have a bird hit me and get its beak lodged in my skin.... i don't suppose they're pointy enough to do that... you never know :p

You've seen it at baseball games and everywhere you drive. They're playing games with moving objects to see if they can "just miss 'em". They're just trying to be funny for their friends. They have incredible vision and the ability to fly over anything so it's their own fault if something happens. Sorry about your lid. Damn that sucks. Wasn't even your fault!