Bird strike this morning on the way to work

RVTPilot

I think the craziest bird strike I've seen happen was at a CCS race in Phoenix at Firebird raceway. A friend of mine sat up just at his braking marker at the end of the long straight (where you're going about 170) and took a small bird straight to his head that was flying across the track. The corner worker said that the bird exploding in mid-air like that was pretty funny though. Patrick was fine and laughed about the whole thing but he had a nice mess to clean up on his helmet.

lol, I haven't had any bird strikes yet... but on the highway I hit a junebug or something... RIGHT in the middle of my visor...

I swear to you, there wasn't a part of the visor that didn't have bug guts on it... I almost threw up in my helmet, then almost wrecked.

Just be glad it didn't take a shit on you as it glanced by.

I fucking hate birds...

Its funny you say that cause last year while riding along the ohio river the wife looked up and pointed out a crane, and about that time it took a shit and it hit my wind sheild flew right past me and landed right on her new leather jacket.....I laughed so hard I had to pull over.:D:D:D:D

Thanks, D'GRL. It was weird. I wasn't freaked out, wasn't hit too hard, and really just laughed it off. I guess it could have been more serious, but it wasn't so I haven't sat here saying "wow! am I lucky!" Its just one of those things that comes along with riding. But yes, screw that bird!