HID's turn off on start up??

Jcroz91

My first guess was a short or bad ground involving the HID harness.. But I figured it would have been fused which should have popped by now.. Then with whistling and poofted battery talk my next guess was voltage regulator or stator going bad.

19V seems pretty high and can certainly fry stuff.. I suggest checking out the charging system and as previously stated, start checking for pinched or frayed wiring.

That whistling/whining is your bikes electrical system being boiled like a lobster..:D

Good luck!

The whistleing was the pressure of the steam shooting out of the battery. like a pot of boiling water on a stove. cause the less if would steam the less it would whistle...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a brand-new, OEM rectifier is about $150 plus ship: http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/addtocart/216561/50/14462/1434/default.aspx

Not too terrible money-wise, you can certainly have a lot more expensive parts break down. However, if you were pushing 19V and god only knows how many amps through the wire harness, you better check CLOSELY for warps, melting, loose connections, anything. New OEM wire harness is $488 plus ship, so far you're getting off light.

The whistleing was the pressure of the steam shooting out of the battery. like a pot of boiling water on a stove. cause the less if would steam the less it would whistle...

Figured it wasn't coming from the HID's, makes sense it was coming from someplace with a liquid that can change to gas. That thing must have been hot as shit, you're really lucky it didn't burst or leak on you.

Figured it wasn't coming from the HID's, makes sense it was coming from someplace with a liquid that can change to gas. That thing must have been hot as shit, you're really lucky it didn't burst or leak on you.

yeah its the second time its happened too. but the first time i didnt take the seat off and assumed it was comming from the HID's. I am very lucky

Just get a used rectifier from ebay or cyclesearch. Do run the bike until you fix it because you are destroying batteries

well they are $130 at IP and my friend works there so he can prob get me a discount. so maybe around $100ish

Just get a used rectifier from ebay or cyclesearch. Do run the bike until you fix it because you are destroying batteries

ok just bought one for $40 off ebay. :) lol u got me thinking about it. hopfully it works.

also, that stupid harness is on back order for like 3 weeks. i called to see where mine was. i just cancelled the order.

ok just bought one for $40 off ebay. :) lol u got me thinking about it. hopfully it works.

also, that stupid harness is on back order for like 3 weeks. i called to see where mine was. i just cancelled the order.

I don't think you need the harness the HID were probably turning off because of a high voltage condition