Your tires

redrocket04

I need new tires, and this weekend seems like as good a time as any to get them. After a search on here, I've not found anything that really helps me out. I called a couple of places that don't seem to understand that I don't need super sticky tires on my bike, because I don't do a whole lot of aggressive riding. More than I did on the Harley, but I'd like tires that will still last more than about 3,000 miles...

So, those of you who have had different tires, what would you recommend for a good multi use tire? Something that will make my bike handle like the sport bike it is, but that can still handle daily riding, and commuting to school, etc. at normal speeds.

Sounds like you are looking for a Sport Touring tire. The original Mich Pilot Road (not the 2) is long lasting and has decent handling. It's a good tire but not the grippiest for 'aggressive' cornering, but that doesn't seem to be what you want anyway.

I just bought a new rear tire and did some searchin around and heard that Michelin Pilot Powers are really good all around tires and so are Bridgestone BT-106. They're a little older technology i guess since they were designed a few years ago. But for the price they're really good. I bought the Pilot power and it was just over a hundred bucks, so def a good deal.

Dunlop Roadsmarts. Amazing fucking tires. Stick to the edge on hard cornering and last a long time in the center depending on how ham fisted you are ofcourse. But they are the best street tire out in my opinion right now. I use to use Pilot Powers on the street and got sick of them wearing out so quickly around 2000 miles. The Roadsmarts handle like there is no difference when cornering to your sidewall if you want. Been there, done that, and not one difference except longer lasting.;)

Modern Sport Touring tires are plenty grippy at street operating temps. Good handling, but not intended for track days. Plenty of good choices out there

Single Compound

Mich Pilot Roads

Pirelli Angel

Conti Road Attacks

Dual Compound

Dunlop Roadsmarts

Mich Pilot Roads 2

Dual compound will give more grip in the corners and are a bit more spendy.

hereeeee we... go

seems these threads like to repeat a lot...

edit: for reason this came up as i was typing

YouTube- The Dark Knight TV Spot ''Here We Go''

k, thanks for the help... Are you saying I should buy Batman's tires?

And yes, these threads repeat, but like I said, I'm not looking for track tires, and that's what the majority of the threads consist of.

Modern Sport Touring tires are plenty grippy at street operating temps. Good handling, but not intended for track days. Plenty of good choices out there

Single Compound

Mich Pilot Roads

Pirelli Angel

Conti Road Attacks

Dual Compound

Dunlop Roadsmarts

Mich Pilot Roads 2

Dual compound will give more grip in the corners and are a bit more spendy.

Agree. The street you can rail on a Roadsmart as far over as you want to lean. Dual compound FTW in my opinion. ;)

I've heard nothing but good things about the Roadsmarts. I have a pair in my garage waiting for me, but haven't tried them yet. Front/rear shipped to me for $200. Last months Tire Express/Competition Accessories special.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Roadsmarts. I have a pair in my garage waiting for me, but haven't tried them yet. Front/rear shipped to me for $200. Last months Tire Express/Competition Accessories special.

:cool: They're the future.

Sounds like you are looking for a Sport Touring tire. The original Mich Pilot Road (not the 2) is long lasting and has decent handling. It's a good tire but not the grippiest for 'aggressive' cornering, but that doesn't seem to be what you want anyway.

Exactly. I just had new tires put on my bike last weekend, they were exact replacements for the original tires that came

with the bike and they were just that..."sport touring" tires. They are Dunlop RoadSmarts.

I had both replaced at IP and had the chain lubed and adjusted, total cost (tires & labor)... $462

Edited by SWing'R

Damn Swinger, that's a deep pocket.

I got front/rear Roadsmart package for $240+ or something from Motosport.com and got them mounted and balanced for $40. Chain adjusted and lubed by myself which is free. http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/product/DUNLOP-ROADSMART-MOTORCYCLE-TIRE-COMBO/?catalogId=114916

Edited by NinjaNick