Your tires

redrocket04

YIKES!! :eek:

i did the same thing only my tires were cheaper. i paid the extra because i wanted it done now and factored in the fact that for me to change them would take an afternoon and the time i would have spent wondering if i did it right would have exceeded the cost to just have it done.

granted it was more money, but darn it was easy to ride up say i want these and walk out in 2 hours with new tires on the bike and no stress other than trying not to buy something in the store.

also anything to get moose off of his butt back in the service department.

I am here to make an official statement. If you cannot patronize my business then you should patronize Hobz's business. Pay attention to the "if/then" structure of my statement. It is very important.

:lol:

then again.. there's always Yota's tire service.

lol..

id take my bikes to you if you were closer, and i didnt feel like doing the shit myself :D

I can buy Contis for cheaper and have a tire manufactured in Germany. The ContiMotion seems to get rave reviews and they are <$200/set' date=' shipped. The ContiForce tires are ~$202/set, shipped.

Better still, for thirty dollars moar I can step into a set of BT-021s, shipped.

Those Shinkos aren't as practical as you've convinced yourself they are.[/quote']

I don't the compound is all that bad, but they have no profile to them ... if your riding straight that's cool.. but if you do any cornering get a different tire

I'm going to second the PDS/Angel ST, i've rocked them the past 2 seasons I've had my bike, and have had nothing but good news. With my heavy ass bike, and poorly controlled right hand, I get between 7 and 8 thousand miles per rear, and at least double that for fronts. I'v never had any trouble with wet grip, and a few people have commented on how "throw" my bike around corners. The only other tire I'd run is the metzeler m3, but I'd be buying tires WAY more often. lol

We can help you out on tires too! I think you would be pleased with any one of these choices.

Continental Road Attack

Front $108.99

Rear $132.99

Dunlop Roadsmart

Front $115.99

Rear $155.99

Pilot Road 2

Front $123.99

Rear $165.99

We can install on the bike while you wait- $137

Off Bike if you have the means to get the wheels off yourself- $52

Hope this helps, feel free to send a PM with any questions.

3:1' date=' huh? Then it seems a sport-touring tire would be unnecessary for your bike. I'd stick with what you're running. Sounds like you've found a good combination.

BTW, where are you buying a rear for $82? Just curious because that is a good price for a commuter tire. I may come across a customer that wants something like that.[/quote']

shinko 009 170/60-17, $81.05 at smalltires.com, not including shipping

YIKES!! :eek:

Yeah' date=' I know, it stung a little, but it is what it is, had to be done.

Damn Swinger, that's a deep pocket.

I got front/rear Roadsmart package for $240+ or something from Motosport.com and got them mounted and balanced for $40. Chain adjusted and lubed by myself which is free.

im in columbus..

could have saved him the same..

Spur of the moment decision made late on a Friday. As I mentioned earlier, I don't have the tools or experience to take the wheels off the bike myself,

this happened unexpectedly the day before a weekend when I really wanted to ride so I just did what I had to do to get it fixed asap.

I was expecting that I'd need new tires this season anyway, just wasn't expecting to need them both at the beginning of the season :(

Edited by SWing'R

We can help you out on tires too! I think you would be pleased with any one of these choices.

Dunlop Roadsmart

Front $115.99

Rear $155.99

Heeeey, someone owes me $7 then. I just had those same tires put on last weekend and I paid $124.99 front and $153.99 rear.

That's a $7 difference. (Repair invoice #3792, 4/3/10)

Heeeey' date=' someone owes me $7 then. I just had those same tires put on last weekend and I paid $124.99 front and $153.99 rear.

That's a $7 difference. (Repair invoice #3792, 4/3/10)[/quote']

you could have bought a different size than he quoted.

also anything to get moose off of his butt back in the service department.

Can't argue that one! Not sure it would be worth THAT much though.

Woulda' been $100 cheaper if he went to DucRx. Too bad all you suckers live in Columbus. :lol:

Maybe you need to get your ass down here to where the real business is?

I'm not going to knock on the Iron Pony though, they are great. I bought my tires there, but they were just carry out. I mounted and balanced them myself. Neighbor has a bike shop (Harley stuff) and I went over there to do it. I'm sure I could've used our tire changer to mount them, but we don't have the adaptors for spin balancing bike tires.

Thanks for the help. I ended up with the Continentals. Huge difference between the old baldies I had on there.

Thanks for coming in, it was nice to meet you. If you need anything else just let us know.