Chatterbox + Droid FTW

Tonik

Ok, so after purchasing Chatterbox's for the wife and I and having them professionally installed by Derrik at IP I decided it was time to get rid of my crappy phone. Yesterday I went out and got a Droid. What an awesome combo. I can roll down the street and stream Pandora with Google Nav running at the same time. Google Nav stops the music and says 'Turn right in 1000 feet you fool' then the music streams again. Wife can tap the intercom button and stop it all and tell me to stop for the restroom.....I tap again and am back to music. She can also listen to my music stream, or not if she does not want to.

Only current issue is Google Nav won't let you import maps from Google Maps and use them as routes. But they are promising to fix that real soon and if not there is a commercial app that does all of that for 30 bucks.

sounds like a win, similar to what I have going. Droid via speakers, playlist and nav if needed.

You have it mounted? So far I just run it in my pocket but I found a 'waterproof' mount for it. Considering that idea now.

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/br-waterbike-droid.htm

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For google maps I usually just email myself the link. Then you can click on it and it will open up in google maps.

Also you may be able to use the chrome to android plug in for the browser to get data back and forth.

Also you may be able to use the chrome to android plug in for the browser to get data back and forth.

+1

It's called Chrome to Phone, really easy to use and install. It will send a link to your Android phone that will open up the map in your Google maps app.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/oadboiipflhobonjjffjbfekfjcgkhco?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk-ext-ctp&utm_medium=ha

• Upvote 1

Ok, so after purchasing Chatterbox's for the wife and I and having them professionally installed by Derrik at IP I decided it was time to get rid of my crappy phone. Yesterday I went out and got a Droid. What an awesome combo. I can roll down the street and stream Pandora with Google Nav running at the same time. Google Nav stops the music and says 'Turn right in 1000 feet you fool' then the music streams again. Wife can tap the intercom button and stop it all and tell me to stop for the restroom.....I tap again and am back to music. She can also listen to my music stream, or not if she does not want to.

Only current issue is Google Nav won't let you import maps from Google Maps and use them as routes. But they are promising to fix that real soon and if not there is a commercial app that does all of that for 30 bucks.

How is the sound quality? I have a Droid X coming on Tuesday and this exact Chatter Box / Droid combo is what I was hoping for.