Maybe a parking woe

Sapphy

If this has been covered before, I apologize. I did a search on "Parking" it just returned so many results.

So anyway, I rode to work today and rolled into the parking garage. Normal operation is the attendant has to come out of his booth and lay a garbage can lid on the sensor to start the system to let me pull my ticket and for the gate to lift. Today I think the guy was PMSing or something but he was in a mood. Anyway the guy starts going off about how "Someday" they are going to ban motorcycles from parking because it is to dangerous.

Now I know ultimately it is private property and they can do what they want. But my question is, has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything I can do? If they ban bikes that will mean I can't ride to work anymore and that will suck big time.

Just a dude having a bad day, being a dick.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you really are, write the owner of the parking structure and ask what the future plans are regarding motorcycles and/or mention the unprofessional conduct of the exchange you had.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you really are, write the owner of the parking structure and ask what the future plans are regarding motorcycles and/or mention the unprofessional conduct of the exchange you had.

:plus1:

yes, because the guy making minimum wage at the entrance shack is integral to the day-to-day decisions being made in the parking lot, and would love nothing less than to turn away customers and revenue.

Next time he runs his mouth, tell him to STFU and GBTW. :)

Just don't bring up the idea of banning motorcycles. That may give him the idea to do it if he hadn't thought about it before.

Ask for them to install a push button trigger the turn pike has them.

Something like that would be a good idea.

I talked to the lady tonight that cashed me out. She knew nothing of it and figured the guy was just having a bad day. As much as it would be nice to smart off to the guy, he may or may not be the shift manager (I hear he is). I know who the other one is, and we call her the wicked witch of the east. See the other thing is, this is a state owned and ran parking garage, so logic really does not enter the equation.

I talked to the lady tonight that cashed me out. She knew nothing of it and figured the guy was just having a bad day. As much as it would be nice to smart off to the guy, he may or may not be the shift manager (I hear he is). I know who the other one is, and we call her the wicked witch of the east. See the other thing is, this is a state owned and ran parking garage, so logic really does not enter the equation.

Pay in nickles, that you peed on

The thing about pennies, currency is legal tender meaning the Federal Reserve must accept it... not merchants.

faq_q.gif I thought that United States currency was legal tender for all debts. Some businesses or governmental agencies say that they will only accept checks, money orders or credit cards as payment, and others will only accept currency notes in denominations of $20 or smaller. Isn't this illegal?

faq_a.gif The pertinent portion of law that applies to your question is the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills. In addition, movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations may refuse to accept large denomination currency (usually notes above $20) as a matter of policy.

Edited by Likwid

Well you have a habit of using OR as your personal fact checking website... I just figured this was another case you needed help with.

lol, still love you though

Lol, no you talking about paying with nickles reminded me of that. Just found it funny he paid 88 bucks with 8800 pennies.

And why use google when I can use OR?

Maybe I'm goofy but this past year a friend was at OSU Hospital and I was thinking that the parking garage there had a sign posted that read "No Motorcycles". Any of you OSU'ers can correct me if I'm wrong.

^^true story. no motorcycles in garages... at least the ones I've been by. I feel like I remember seeing one by the med center that lets them park on the first floor right next to the exit gate only though.

i valet at the blackwell and we have had a few guest ride bikes and wanted them in the garage. T&P at osu says that no bike parking in garages cus they are afraid the arm will come down and hurt someone. but the new lane garage has covered bike parking to the right of the entrance though.