Latino Riders

latino_riders_ohio

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".

Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

What if you grew up with latinos, does that count? I mean I am probably more latino then you. Come on.... Donde esta el bano? Doesn't get any better than that...LOL!

I'm down with the German ride... Ohhh but I am part Irish, can I still join?

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal STILL has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and STILL has $31,200.00.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Now I don't wanna start a flame war and another heated discussion that can barely be linked back to the original intention/post of the thread, so I'll come out and say this happens EXTREMELY often in this country and it is a problem. I'm all for a greater emphasis and importance put on illegal immigration and border crossing along with doing something about the problems still being created by illegal aliens that have resided in this country for over a decade in some cases.

HOWEVER, whether it was your intention or not.... I'm gonna say that it seems slightly provocative to post something like that ^, which could be taken as if you were makign a prejudiced, racially bigoted, general and broad statement that this is ALWAYS the case (or at least 99% of the time).

Idk how everyone else sees that, and I'll admit that it's definitely slightly hypocritical for me to even take the time to comment on it when I've definitely said worse, but am I wrong for askign for purpose/intention behind the post.... anyone wanna call me out on it?! :dunno:

HOWEVER, whether it was your intention or not.... I'm gonna say that it seems slightly provocative to post something like that ^, which could be taken as if you were makign a prejudiced, racially bigoted, general and broad statement that this is ALWAYS the case (or at least 99% of the time).

He's black. What do you expect??

Look, it's Bambi!!!

Sshhhhh.... You'll scare him off again

Now I don't wanna start a flame war and another heated discussion that can barely be linked back to the original intention/post of the thread, so I'll come out and say this happens EXTREMELY often in this country and it is a problem. I'm all for a greater emphasis and importance put on illegal immigration and border crossing along with doing something about the problems still being created by illegal aliens that have resided in this country for over a decade in some cases.

Idk how everyone else sees that, and I'll admit that it's definitely slightly hypocritical for me to even take the time to comment on it when I've definitely said worse, but am I wrong for askign for purpose/intention behind the post.... anyone wanna call me out on it?! :dunno:

I like this kid :)

Aren't you the one always bitchin' about threads gettin' closed out?? Shut yo' black ass up

He's black. What do you expect??

Nothing less! The good question is.... what is a black man doin' hatin' on other minorities and complaining when WE work the system. I think it's b/c we work the system BETTER than the black man which causes jealousy, which causes resentment! :D

Don't worry, Punk will get his comeuppance for his bigotry.

The next time he asks for extra guacamole.... he ain't gettin' it.

Instead, he'll get one of these:

:bigfinger:

You know the guy probably did not think anything of it...but it is true.

Unfortunately you can't separate races like this. Kind of like BET...what if someone came up with a WET? The name BET is racist by itself.

So if you don't want other people to segregate you, why are minorities doing it to themselves?

Or like someone here said: All the white people wanna go ride this weekend? How would that sound? All HELL would break lose.

I'm just sayin'...

Aren't you the one always bitchin' about threads gettin' closed out?? Shut yo' black ass up

I think we need to have a mod who isn't hating on the black guys. I post something equal to the OP, he chastises me and sticks up for him. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

You ain't taking my guacamole fool I love that shit on my burrito.

While we are at it I don't ride with cruisers, vtwin sport bikes, 600s, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Yamahas.... If you don't ride what I do you ain't as cool as I am and I don't have time for your noise.

You know the guy probably did not think anything of it...but it is true.

Unfortunately you can't separate races like this. Kind of like BET...what if someone came up with a WET? The name BET is racist by itself.

So if you don't want other people to segregate you, why are minorities doing it to themselves?

Or like someone here said: All the white people wanna go ride this weekend? How would that sound? All HELL would break lose.

I'm just sayin'...

It wasn't white people it was "Honkeys"