Painted my helmet pearl white, nothing too crazy

tgscooter

Some of you know I painted my ZX last year. Two weeks later, I custom painted my helmet to match. Shortly after, about a month, my helmet was stolen. But it was the end of the riding season '09.

So I recently purchased a ZOX spectre R, $60 @ Iron Pony.

2010-03-06151150_Newark_Ohio_US.jpg

But I really liked having a matching helmet. So I decided to paint it and even add black stripes. As soon as it warmed up I got to work.

I first removed the visor, visor mounts, parts of the padded liner, and taped off the openings. Sanded the entire helmet to promote proper adhesion.

After applying pearl white, I masked off to apply gloss black

2010-03-24205632.jpg

2010-03-24205639.jpg

I shot the gloss black, then finished with Clear coat over everything. Reassembled the parts and visor.

2010-03-25182215.jpg

To add some "pop" I added 1/8" red pin stripes to tie in with my wheels and forks

And here is the finished product

2010-03-26001955.jpg

I'm very pleased with it, especially since I've never laid any sort of stripes or designs before.

Looks nice mang. Now paint that car. :D

lol, the car is like a '87 deville, its lived a good life. And its on my DNR list.

Thanks for the comments. Pictures, don't really do it justice, but its pretty sweet.

I also have a Scorpion EXO "Skullbucket", it ran me about $200 bones with mirror visor. And I find myself wearing this $60 ZOX most of the time.

I also have a Scorpion EXO "Skullbucket", it ran me about $200 bones with mirror visor. And I find myself wearing this $60 ZOX most of the time.

You like it that well? I have the same helmet in the blue design. I was wondering what others thought about it. I like it other than there is too much airflow, when it's not so nice outside.....

You like it that well? I have the same helmet in the blue design. I was wondering what others thought about it. I like it other than there is too much airflow, when it's not so nice outside.....

I agree with too much airflow.

Actually, I prefer the Scorpion Skullbucket as far as fit and function. The ZOX isnt that great, even though its SNELL certified.

But the ZOX matches the bike now. I wear them both interchangeably, kinda like shoes. Just depends on the day.

I agree with too much airflow.

Actually, I prefer the Scorpion Skullbucket as far as fit and function. The ZOX isnt that great, even though its SNELL certified.

But the ZOX matches the bike now. I wear them both interchangeably, kinda like shoes. Just depends on the day.

What I liked most about the Zox was the price (I got it on closeout, but I think I paid somehting like $80) and the snell certification. Even if the Snell cert wasn't more stringent (it is) at least it's required to pass the tests BEFORE they're allowed to slap the logo on it, unlike DOT. Also, the random sampling they require is good as well.

Your skid lid turned out pretty good, thumbs up. What is the deal with too much airflow, does it lift on you or too much thru the vents. Years ago I had a Shoei that hurt my ears from the flow into the chin bar.