Boot Review w/ pics

600ZZ4eb

Puma Desmo Boot

Well let me start off by saying that I really like this boot (Stars: 4 out of 5). It looks great with a pair of jeans (Levis 569’s loose straight) and is comfy enough to wear all day. They have a low profile and plastic and metal toe slider that is functional yet stylish. I don’t have any experience with the boot on track, but on the street it gets more comfy while riding my zzr6. This is a full length boot with some serious Velcro on the side and I would say a half up zipper. On some boots the zipper is designed to be velcro’d in, but the zipper on this boot has a rubberized handled so it will not scratch paint I assume….not sure how I feel about that……Anyway, I do like the fact that the Velcro is strong and thick. My last pair of boots (Joe Rocket Super Street) didn’t have as much Velcro and I had issues keeping the boot closed which I didn’t like at all. So with that said I feel more secure in the Puma. In addition, the Desmo has a slim heal design and would probably not fit too well on someone with a wider foot; the only thing I can relate to it is Nike’s and Reeboks sneakers. To me Nikes are made slimmer and the Reebok is made a little wider from heal to toe…..Anyway again, I only have a brief stint in these boots, but will put them to the test on a 200 mile ride this Saturday (http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=55722 )so I’ll follow-up after its over and hopefully I will still have a good report for anyone interested..

16ddda81.jpg

25f7a8b7.jpg

d6a8172e.jpg

2afa349f.jpg

1c6fd85d.jpg

a00b2b5f.jpg

Look good, the only thing that concerns me is that you say they are "half-zip with a lot of velcro". I'd think if you went down and the boot caught it wouldn't take much to undo the velcro and you risk losing all of the boot's support or it flying off.

Am I correct in this assumption?

They look pretty BA and not as flamboyant as say Sidis or other Pumas.

$250 from revzilla. I looked all over and couldn't find them cheap unfortunately.

Congrats on the new riding kicks!!

Nice boots for sure, but for that price you get into Sidi's. I'd be interested in what it offers in terms of ankle protection and ankle flexibly (i.e. ability to keep from bending your foot backwards).

Look good, the only thing that concerns me is that you say they are "half-zip with a lot of velcro". I'd think if you went down and the boot caught it wouldn't take much to undo the velcro and you risk losing all of the boot's support or it flying off.

Am I correct in this assumption?

They look pretty BA and not as flamboyant as say Sidis or other Pumas.

Id say i guess that could be possible, but the likey hood unknown. From what i can tell the boot is pretty secure and velcro is tuff, but to you point it would be hard to say how well they would hold up in the event of a crash situation.....i hope to never find out obviously. :-)

Congrats on the new riding kicks!!

Nice boots for sure, but for that price you get into Sidi's. I'd be interested in what it offers in terms of ankle protection and ankle flexibly (i.e. ability to keep from bending your foot backwards).

I looked at several sidi's, but none really fit what i was looking for in terms of a multifuntional boot. they were either to racey looking for me or no ankle protection at all. Ii also tried on some at IP and they are very narrow for my foot even more so then the puma and werent very comfy for me....however i do like some of the ones i cant afford for more track day type stuff.

Did you look at the Alpinestars SMX boots little cheaper in price and just as nice

I dont remember exactly, but if they sell them at Iron pony and they are less than $250 then i looked at them or tried them on. I wanted something that looked nice and less boot like, but also was full lenght and had some decent protection.