VID: Sportbike bashing

NinjaNick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fact and the general public has no tolerance for our type of fun. We can call it biased or bull shit or whatever but fact is fact. Us sport riders break laws and push the envelope. Fact is fact. We should not get our panties in a wad when we get called out on it.

I'll let this post slide this time, but you don't want to be apart of us, our, or we too much longer. :p

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=57162

Again, MOMENTUM is more important than speed. If we wreck, we're only really putting ourselves in danger. The effect of our limited mass means that we won't even compare in collateral damage until the high triple digits.

The riders crossing the double yellow, passing in curves, etc was just plain stupid and immature. I can see taking a curve faster than the sign suggests but the rest of that shit was just irresponsible

:werd:

So when are we plannin a trip there? :banana:

Haven't any of these idiots heard of momentum?

a sport bike doing 150 exerts less force than a ford focus doing 35 mph...

and less than an explorer SUV doing 20

Even if the sport bike winds up to 200 mph, he's creating a force less than 1/4 that of a hummer h2 doing 65 mph.

I made a simple table, units would be ton miles per hour, but that's not important, what's important is the force ratios from sport bikes at speed vs other vehicles.

momentumtable.jpg

just as a reference I used, my sport bike, a ford focus, explorer, f150, f350, h2, peterbilt, and peterbilt with load.

rough numbers linear momentum.

love this! I've been wanting to do this for a bit, but haven't found the 3 minutes of motivation to look up vehicle weights. Thanks :)

Being the devils advocate here......

Biased? It was pretty clear by the video that many (most?) were breaking the speed limit and passing on double yellow's a lot of the time. Thats fact and the general public has no tolerance for our type of fun. We can call it biased or bull shit or whatever but fact is fact. Us sport riders break laws and push the envelope. Fact is fact. We should not get our panties in a wad when we get called out on it.

Its all about how you edit the vid. I'm sure I could go out and take video on the highway and make it look like only red cars speed.

"I coulda been hurt" pshhh no she pulled out in front of some bikers and killed 2 of them....

but yea I'd blame it on noobs/squids.

if she sees 4 bikes hundreds of yards away and thinks she can make it through an intersection, i don't fault her.

it's a 45 mph road - you're telling me cagers are automatically supposed to assume that any time they see a bike, it's doing double the speed limit?

the picture looked like at least one of the bike's hit her driver's side door. Wouldn't you be pissed if a car hit you because they were doing double the speed limit and couldn't stop?