NinjaNick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is there any way at all to stop it?"

....(Pause)....

"No I don't think so. I don't think there's a way to stop it. Hopefully we can slow it down. There's always going to be that individual that wants to get on two wheels and see just how fast they can go."

^ Well now that was a REALLY deep and intellectual interview. A lot of good questions from a well-prepared reporter, Mr. Dumbass, and some excellent well-thought out answers from the sheriff, Officer Obvious! :rolleyes:

God, it's amazing how quickly they figured out that us bikers enjoy going fast! Never thought they would catch on :D

What a load of bullshit...

"the suggested speed is 25" well dumbass, thats for "cars". Do none of these reporters understand inertia? A sport bike can handle curves at a higher speed than your effing news van cause it's lighter, and it can lean into the curve.

What a load of bullshit...

"the suggested speed is 25" well dumbass, thats for "cars". Do none of these reporters understand inertia? A sport bike can handle curves at a higher speed than your effing news van cause it's lighter, and it can lean into the curve.

to an extent...it has to do with what type of machine, not all bikes and not all cars are equal....those speeds are reccomended for the average person/vehicle.... not so much to do with being able to lean into a curve...a performance car can out turn a bike because they have more grip, it has to do with what the vehicle is meant for... a goldwing can lean into a curve, but that doesnt mean it would be able to hang with a r6 through the twisties...some vehicles are just built to move faster, example would be a porsche vs that news van

to an extent...it has to do with what type of machine, not all bikes and not all cars are equal....

Oh I totally understand what you're saying, there is more to it than that, but my point was that a fully loaded semi with a half paralyzed driver would have no problem making a curve at the state reccomended speed.

Obviously a corvette or a lotus could make the corner much faster than most of the commuter cars that those signs are posted for.

Oh I totally understand what you're saying, there is more to it than that, but my point was that a fully loaded semi with a half paralyzed driver would have no problem making a curve at the state reccomended speed.

Obviously a corvette or a lotus could make the corner much faster than most of the commuter cars that those signs are posted for.

plus the guy was old.....you damn hooligans on your sport bikes

wish i was there, ide fly past that news crew at 100+ on the vmax lol, cruiser that

to an extent...it has to do with what type of machine, not all bikes and not all cars are equal....those speeds are reccomended for the average person/vehicle.... not so much to do with being able to lean into a curve...a performance car can out turn a bike because they have more grip, it has to do with what the vehicle is meant for... a goldwing can lean into a curve, but that doesnt mean it would be able to hang with a r6 through the twisties...some vehicles are just built to move faster, example would be a porsche vs that news van

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

I swear I don't ever want to see that video again! :nono::lol:

This is probably the 50th time I've seen that damn thing posted on the net. :rolleyes::tongue:

Well maybe it takes 50 times for you to learn and next time you won't open your facking mouth! ;)

Haven't any of these idiots heard of momentum?

a sport bike doing 150 exerts less force than a ford focus doing 35 mph...

and less than an explorer SUV doing 20

Even if the sport bike winds up to 200 mph, he's creating a force less than 1/4 that of a hummer h2 doing 65 mph.

I made a simple table, units would be ton miles per hour, but that's not important, what's important is the force ratios from sport bikes at speed vs other vehicles.

momentumtable.jpg

just as a reference I used, my sport bike, a ford focus, explorer, f150, f350, h2, peterbilt, and peterbilt with load.

rough numbers linear momentum.

Edited by magley64
added table

The riders crossing the double yellow, passing in curves, etc was just plain stupid and immature. I can see taking a curve faster than the sign suggests but the rest of that shit was just irresponsible

I'm gonna go with this...

The riders crossing the double yellow, passing in curves, etc was just plain stupid and immature. I can see taking a curve faster than the sign suggests but the rest of that shit was just irresponsible

Taking a step back from my post as disciplinarian.... I totally agree with the Sheep fucker. Sad to say, he's right!