Anyone have an Acetylene Torch?

hue jass

Thanks Todd, yea the gas would kill the deal. Map doesn't get any hotter than propane. Still looking for acetylene.

Mapp is hotter

Mapp gas produces a flame temperature of 5301° F (2927° C) and 2405 Btus.

The maximum adiabatic flame temperature a propane torch can achieve with air is 2268 kelvins (1995 °C/3623 °F)

There's no clearance between the front nose and fender for a steering-head stand to get in there without hitting. They all have the pin sitting at about 45°. I need to bend the pin up about 20° to use it.

It's a front end stand that uses a pin that goes into the steering head and lifts from there so you can do forks as well as wheels.

There's no clearance between the front nose and fender for a steering-head stand to get in there without hitting. They all have the pin sitting at about 45°. I need to bend the pin up about 20° to use it.

It's a front end stand that uses a pin that goes into the steering head and lifts from there so you can do forks as well as wheels.

Oh, I understand what you're talking about now.If you wanted to come out to Johnstown, my dad has an oxy/acetylene torch I'm sure you could use.

Bite the bullet and buy it, youll use again.

Or do this^^^

Thanks a million, Josh! The angle was perfect, I chopped 5/8" off, broke the edges and polished it. It works just like planned. The acetylene got it so hot a couple taps with a carpenter's hammer was all the persuading it needed - that shit is nuclear hot!

Sorry to hear about your pup. If you're anything like me you'll be sad forever. Let us know when you get another Golden - can't wait to meet 'em.

Thanks a million, Josh! The angle was perfect, I chopped 5/8" off, broke the edges and polished it. It works just like planned. The acetylene got it so hot a couple taps with a carpenter's hammer was all the persuading it needed - that shit is nuclear hot!

Sorry to hear about your pup. If you're anything like me you'll be sad forever. Let us know when you get another Golden - can't wait to meet 'em.

Outstanding! I'm glad it worked and that I could help you out. Actually I'm sad cuz I wanted to buy it off you :lol: j/k

It's gonna be awhile before I have the time and money for a dog. And my parents said they are done with anymore animals but I'll let you know when we do.