looking at used gsxr, have questions

ls1plus

I was being a smartass, but I figured he meant something like an underseat pipe like on my rr. Dunno.

Dammit, now I'm thinking about that Aprilia at Iron Pony. I has a sads.

You fucking stay away from that 2010 RSV4...if thats not the bike youre talking about carry on. If so, you dont want it. Buy american, like a harley or something. its more comfortable long distance and you can wear assless chaps.

You fucking stay away from that 2010 RSV4...if thats not the bike youre talking about carry on. If so, you dont want it. Buy american, like a harley or something. its more comfortable long distance and you can wear assless chaps.

:cheers:

thanks. I didnt see any rash or scrapes but will look closer when i make it back. The license plate mount was on the left side and it was turned 90'.

You can replace plastics. Check engine covers and rear sets for scrapes or small fractures at the joints that may not have been replaced.

yea im with the other guy saying thats a jump going from a F2 600 to a 09 1000 that a jump dude hell you could go from that F2 600 to a F3 600 and that would b a jump so just think about that. i went from a 98 F3 600 to a 01 GSXR 600 and i loved it now im on a 02 GSXR 600 and still loveing it. As for buying that new of a bike id go with 01 to a 06 you will love it and save some money at the same time

it's got a very slow leak from the oil tank. after a bit of brazing, we'll find out if it is road/track worthy, and go from there. minus some rash on the left side, you can't tell it was down anymore. pretty weird how well it did, considering. lol

it's got a very slow leak from the oil tank. after a bit of brazing, we'll find out if it is road/track worthy, and go from there. minus some rash on the left side, you can't tell it was down anymore. pretty weird how well it did, considering. lol

That's awesome man, updated pics?

i didn't take any pics lol. maybe one day, when it finally finished, i will.

i've actually only put like 3 days worth of work into it... spread out over 1 year or however long it's been. pauly's got it now, he'll piece it back together whenever he is bored since all the parts are there, just not my motivation. i think the only parts i haven't bought is turn signals for the rear.

yea im with the other guy saying thats a jump going from a F2 600 to a 09 1000 that a jump dude hell you could go from that F2 600 to a F3 600 and that would b a jump so just think about that. i went from a 98 F3 600 to a 01 GSXR 600 and i loved it now im on a 02 GSXR 600 and still loveing it. As for buying that new of a bike id go with 01 to a 06 you will love it and save some money at the same time

I realize i was going to do a big jump but was going on a couple more experienced riders advice who said to respect the throttle until i was comfortable so i wasnt buying another bike in a year or two. I have heard there is a night and day difference from an f2 to an f4. I am 6' and weigh 235 and my gf is around a 100 and she will be with me alot. I wont be pushing it to the limit with a passenger by any means, but i am afraid of a newer 600 not being enough bike for 300+ lbs. Should i look into a 750 or is a 600 enough bike and a big enough frame? They arent dealing on the 1k so my options are open. Thanks...

Just a question, but what is "enough bike" for you? Have you asked if your gf wants to get her MC license? How much do you ride with her on the back? If you're concerned about pull with large weights, you need a bike with big torque numbers (i.e. V twin cruiser, liter+ V twin sportbikes/nakeds). If you just want to look the part, then buy whatever looks good to you :D

Just a question, but what is "enough bike" for you? Have you asked if your gf wants to get her MC license? How much do you ride with her on the back? If you're concerned about pull with large weights, you need a bike with big torque numbers (i.e. V twin cruiser, liter+ V twin sportbikes/nakeds). If you just want to look the part, then buy whatever looks good to you :D

She wants to get her license but i told her no for now because she is not a very agressive driver and i believe she would panic instead of react in an emergency situation.

maybe a couple nights a week i will have a passenger so maybe half the time.

enough bike- i just want to make sure that the bike is torquey enough at low speeds and in town as well. i am concerned about fitting on the bike as well, but i guess i could fix that by going and sitting on a couple different ones

Have you considered a sport touring bike instead like the VFR or the Aprilia Futura or the BMWs? Tons of low-end grunt which makes them great for around town, and they're designed for carrying loads which would make them much easier to ride with the girlfriend on the back.

And when the time comes to chase your buddies, you're not sacrificing too much performance in trade for that comfort.

Futura

Aprilia%20Futura.jpg

VFR

Honda_VFR_800_VTEC.jpg

BMW K1200S

2005-BMW-K1200Sc-small.jpg