Upgrading my trailer

Bad324

So after the first time loading up my buddies bike on my trailer I thought of some ways to make it way easier on us. I have a 3 rail trailer that looks exactly like this one:

3n53k73ld5Z25U15P5a49d2ce36342e8b1d5e.jpg

I am trying to think of a way to put a chock on the front that looks something similar to this:

condor5.jpg

My question basically is where to find something like that chock but only has the part that you roll the bike over. Or would it be easier to find something like this and just chop off the front of the rail on my trailer and have a full chock deal be welded up in its place?

Also on the back end I am thinking of attaching/welding adjustable "legs" to making loading a bit safer. We had a mishap with the initial loading of his bike and don't want to deal with that again. Legs would have made it a non issue. Where can I find something of this type?

Edited by Bad324

Make them.

as in the legs? That thought hit me after I posted but figured if there was a cheap-ish bolt on alternative.

I'm pretty terrible at fabbing things up. My buddy is pretty decent though at most. The welding thing isn't really an option for us so I would have to bring it to where I work and have one of our guys do it, I just would prefer not to have to bother them

as in the legs? That thought hit me after I posted but figured if there was a cheap-ish bolt on alternative.

I'm pretty terrible at fabbing things up. My buddy is pretty decent though at most. The welding thing isn't really an option for us so I would have to bring it to where I work and have one of our guys do it, I just would prefer not to have to bother them

Take it out to 1000rrrider. He'll hook you up.

did the trailer drop in the back when you attempted to load the bike? that why you need the legs? if so then remidy this by having teh trailer attacted to the truck before loading.. lots of sadness saved this way ;)

thats about what happened. But we had the trailer attached AND chained to the truck so we thought we would be ok. Well stupidity got the best of both of us and his brother attached the trailer to the truck, neither of us bothered to double check and it wasn't fully on the ball so it popped off.

If I don't end up putting some legs on it, I'll just fab up something to stick under the corners. I just saw some trailers with legs and thought it was a good idea and extra piece of mind

buy the one from harbor and put the flip plate on your trailer.....infact I am planing on bolting the harbor freight one on my truck today.

do you have a link to that? I tried to search for it and not sure if the one I saw is what you guys have mentioned

his brother attached the trailer to the truck, neither of us bothered to double check and it wasn't fully on the ball so it popped off.

call me paranoid, but when it's my bike (thus my money) being handled, I insist on doing and/or checking everything myself...

Thankfully I learned the "make absolutely sure that the ball is fully on the hitch" lesson helping someone else load his bike at the track. Lucky for me, it was the owner's fault. Lucky for him, I was there to catch his trailer and prevent the tongue from landing on the trunk of his really nice Maxima 3.5

• 7 months later...

does anybody have hands on experience with either of these? I'm leaning towards pickng up a trailer for this trip to SC and future trips and want to get a chock if I do buy the trailer...