I love online billpay.

Cheech

Just finished re-setting up my billpay on USAA's site after firing Kemba CU and their shit-tastic online billpay. Seriously, these assholes couldn't even pay themselves for a car loan I have through them even though I had set up auto transfers within the same institution. Anyhoo, USAA rocks, I don't have to play with bills to try and unfuck the Kemba bullshits, and I still like money.

Discuss.

i thought USAA is like a military thing

So did I. Apparently there are things that you can't get if you don't have military papers, but to just open a checking account or savings everyone is welcome. I was tired of getting nickel and dimed from Huntington, then driving down the road and seeing their name on everything. I couldn't help but think "my bullshit fees paid for that." I'll keep a checking acct open at Kemba so I can have someplace local to deposit my expense checks, but for direct deposit it's all USAA.

Roflmao.... USAA....

USAA Savings 0.50% to 0.70%

USAA Performance 0.60% to 0.75%

Thanks, I'll stick to CapitalOne

InterestPlus Online Savings is an online savings account that gives you:

• 1.35% annual percentages yield (APY) with $2,500 or more in the account. That's one of the best savings rates among the top national banks
  • PLUS an extra 10% quarterly bonus on your interest earned. Just keep a balance of at least $15,000 in your savings account each month or use a Capital One credit card at least once a month to qualify.

USAA has always given me excellent service. I have a cadet loan through them as well as renters and auto insurance and a brokerage acct.

BTW, Cheech your harness came in yesterday. Ill try to make it up sometime this weekend. Hopefully it doesnt rain.

Thanks, I'll stick to CapitalOne

InterestPlus Online Savings is an online savings account that gives you:

• 1.35% annual percentages yield (APY) with $2,500 or more in the account. That's one of the best savings rates among the top national banks
  • PLUS an extra 10% quarterly bonus on your interest earned. Just keep a balance of at least $15,000 in your savings account each month or use a Capital One credit card at least once a month to qualify.

Once again... Rewards Checking eats your interest rate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a side of bagels Jewboy... don't make me bust out my spreadsheet again. :D

Once again... Rewards Checking eats your interest rate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a side of bagels Jewboy... don't make me bust out my spreadsheet again. :D

+1 on Rewards checking. National City/PNC is about to buy me a 52" LCD TV in only 18 months of spending :D

lol bite me nerd.

I actually decided to open up a stock trading account today, figured I'll buy mostly mutual funds anyway... why settle for 1-3% when you can get 8-20.

Ya know? :)

lol bite me nerd.

I actually decided to open up a stock trading account today, figured I'll buy mostly mutual funds anyway... why settle for 1-3% when you can get 8-20.

Ya know? :)

Once you do that, we'll have to compare portfolios. Then we can compete on performance there too (I also only do mutual funds and certain bond funds right now).

:D When I out Jew the Jew, I know I'm doing something right.

Once you do that, we'll have to compare portfolios. Then we can compete on performance there too (I also only do mutual funds and certain bond funds right now).

:D When I out Jew the Jew, I know I'm doing something right.

That's ok, I can solder circles around you.

I'm interested if you have any mutual funds you'd recommend, right now I'm looking at a couple funds from ProFunds and Ave.

+1 on Rewards checking. National City/PNC is about to buy me a 52" LCD TV in only 18 months of spending :D

Does NC/PNC charge you to transfer your $$ from your designated overdraft accout to your primary DDA?

I've about had it with our current bank. They charge me $15-20 everytime I forget to transfer $$ ahead of time, & they move it from one acct to the other for me, to cover/prevent overdrafts :rolleyes:

$15-20 to move my own money... Pisses me off every time :mad:

Their other favorite trick in the past when we've been cash poor, is to put the biggest stuff through first, & bouncing a bunch of piddly crap, instead of running them to pay the largest quantity of items/returning the least, jacking their overdraft fees WAY up when the SAV is nada.

They claim the computer is programmed to do that as a courtesy, paying the largest items first, & can't calculate the most efficient way to run the debits generating the least overdrafts :puke:

I'm soooo glad to be out of banking.... They're a bunch of sales hacks anymore

Does NC/PNC charge you to transfer your $$ from your designated overdraft accout to your primary DDA?

I've about had it with our current bank. They charge me $15-20 everytime I forget to transfer $$ ahead of time, & they move it from one acct to the other for me, to cover/prevent overdrafts :rolleyes:

$15-20 to move my own money... Pisses me off every time :mad:

Their other favorite trick in the past when we've been cash poor, is to put the biggest stuff through first, & bouncing a bunch of piddly crap, instead of running them to pay the largest quantity of items/returning the least, jacking their overdraft fees WAY up when the SAV is nada.

They claim the computer is programmed to do that as a courtesy, paying the largest items first, & can't calculate the most efficient way to run the debits generating the least overdrafts :puke:

I'm soooo glad to be out of banking.... They're a bunch of sales hacks anymore

This is a stretch for me to answer but I want to say no. If I recall correctly when I signed up for NC they told me that it was a "free service". Now that its PNC I would imagine it is the same as pretty much everything else has stayed the same but who knows. Now, I have never actually had to use the feature so I don't really have first hand experience with it.

As far as stuff clearing, from everything I have noticed its strictly on a time and date deal, but I don't want to steer ya wrong so take that with a grain of salt. In the last 10 years I have used 5 different banks and so far NC and US Bank have been the best two for the things I have done. My financial situations are pretty easy to manage and not very complicated though

USAA is the shit as far as customer service goes. I've never experienced better customer service in any field before in my life. Their insurance policies are comparable cost to most others but much better coverage and policies. Their online services (especially Deposit@Home check scanning) are second to none.

USAA's deposit at home like Justin stated, is awesome. Sign your check, scan it, deposited.

and it's not available unless you have their insurance, checking, and credit cards. You can't get their insurance unless you are military. Oh well.

and it's not available unless you have their insurance, checking, and credit cards. You can't get their insurance unless you are military. Oh well.

I guess I'm missing why you wouldn't just do direct deposit?? Why scan it?

**I'm thinkin' payroll checks.... You talkin' any checks, from Joe Blow or whoever?

**I'm thinkin' payroll checks.... You talkin' any checks, from Joe Blow or whoever?

I get expense reimbursement checks that I have to get deposited. It's hard enough getting the check out of Accounting on time, I'm just happy to get a live check.

Joe Blow, credit card cash back rewards, etc.

Believe it or not people out there still use hard copy checks.