Neighbor is a prick!

F4iBunny

So we had bought a new trailer and because the new one took up room in the garage we moved the 3 rail one to the back yard up against our house while we waited until Sniper could come pick it up. It was there for less than a week. Came home from bike night tonight and there was a letter from the HOA saying they had been informed that we had a motorcycle trailer in our yard and that it needs to be removed blah, blah, blah. Well, of course, the trailer is gone now that we have received the letter.

So does anybody have any ideas of something ugly we could put in our yard? If anyone has a spare full-size satellite dish, we'd love to borrow it. I think we may install one for fun. Because in the deed, they f'd up and put that only satellite dishes no larger than 24' were allowed. :D So I'd love for them to send us a letter about that one!

Ok, done venting.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than a week is a little douchey, but I can sympathize with the neighbor. That's all I can say.

me too, but neighbor should have been a man about and spoke to bunny first. Of course if F4ibunny had let the neighbor know it was only temporary until the new owner picked it up, this would have been avoided too.

Let it go and even go as far as apologize to the neighbor for the hideous lawn ornament. Assuming you plan on being there awhile, so better to have your neighbors a friends instead of enemies. Makes those loud parties that much better when pissed off neighbors aren't calling the po po on you.

I don't get the problem. What makes you think it was your neighbor that called them on you? Where I live, the condo association has al kinds of rules, but I'd think a trailer could be seen by anyone, really. It was temporary, it's gone now, and you didn't get a fine.

That's the problem with anything like this... it causes bad blood between neighbors over something silly and ends up escalating into starting threads on "How do I REALLY piss off the neighbor?" How sure are you what neighbor really called it in? Unless their name in on the letter... it could've been ANYONE driving by in the association, right?

And, unless you're planning moving anytime soon, you still have to deal with these people regularly -- life's too short to get your panties in a bunch over petty shit, if it was against the "rules" and you were wrong, then I say you take AOW's advice, apologize and put it behind you.

No, we don't really talk to the guy. Didn't think we needed to inform him that we were putting something in OUR yard. Didn't realize he was quite that much of a prick. He mows his grass at unGodly early hours in the morning and working third shift makes that my bedtime after a 8-12 hour shift. That wouldn't be such a bad thing but he's obsessed and does it sometimes 2-3 times a week! Then he has to get out the leaf blower and clean off the mower! Then he brings out the weed whacker, then has to use the leaf blower to clean off the drive and sidewalk. He has never asked me if it was ok to keep me from sleeping.

So, for now we just rev the bikes in the garage when we come home at 2, 3 or 5am. Over the winter we don't winterize the bikes but we run them every once in a while, usually we do this when we get home from work just for fun. Oh and I always make sure to push the lock button on my keys twice to make the car honk when it locks when I get home in the middle of the night.

I don't get the problem. What makes you think it was your neighbor that called them on you? Where I live, the condo association has al kinds of rules, but I'd think a trailer could be seen by anyone, really. It was temporary, it's gone now, and you didn't get a fine.

Because it says specifically in the letter that it was a motorcycle trailer. You wouldn't know that unless you saw it up close because it had three rails. It would have just looked like a regular trailer from any farther away. It was parked behind our house on that neighbor's side (there is an extension on the other side of the house so the neighbor on the other side couldn't see it.). Couldn't see it from the street either.

Edited by F4iBunny

Oh, neighbor wars. That makes things different. I bet it WAS him that complained, and I can't say I blame him. mowing at "ungodly" hours is probably a lot more reasonable than revving your bike at 2am.

We never did that until he started mowing at 7am!

Less than a week is a little douchey, but I can sympathize with the neighbor. That's all I can say.

Yeah I live in a neighborhood with strict rules too, putting something else out will just end up being more trouble then its worth. You really don't wanna mess with a HOA, it can/will get ugly.

What's the HOA bylaws say? Is he allowed to mow at 7AM? If it's not in the HOA bylaws, there's gotta be a city/township ordinance on it.

I mean, if he wants to play tattle-tale, I suppose you could fight fire with fire?

Funny how people choose to live in a neighborhood with an HOA, but then find it's rules and regs 'imposing' on their lifestyle. That's why I don't live in one.

Edited by JRMMiii

What's the HOA bylaws say? Is he allowed to mow at 7AM? If it's not in the HOA bylaws, there's gotta be a city/township ordinance on it.

I mean, if he wants to play tattle-tale, I suppose you could fight fire with fire?

Funny how people choose to live in a neighborhood with an HOA, but then find it's rules and regs 'imposing' on their lifestyle. That's why I don't live in one.

:plus1:

Our township is cracking down on "junk" cars. They are taking it a bit far, too.

Awww' date=' did they impound your car? :cry:[/quote']

Nah, they know they couldn't out run it, so they let me keep it here! :lol:

I'd let them have the wife's car! Funny thing is, it looks more presentable than any of the cars we have!

I have a good friend that has very seriously been harassed on the issue, and it's in his business permit to allow what he has there.