Ride pics from today, and a couple of new things learned about the RR.

redrocket04

Sorry to hear that Blue. When I had a 2003 636 back then a buddy of mine rode it and crashed. I instantly told him to call competition accessories and order the parts. We went over everything and wrote it down then he placed the order that evening on his credit card and I picked it all up next week. I'm just glad he was so cooperative.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i wish this guy was a little more cooperative, I found a brand new nose piece for 75 dollars plus shipping on ebay and he wouldn't buy it.. The shitty part is he is my boss at work. He was gonna pay me when he got his raise and that was the best he could do. He said that he was "helping" me out cause legally he was not obligated too. But i'm not a lawyer so i'm not sure how true that is.

Edited by Bluezx6r

Yep, Thats the first and the last time i make that mistake.. lol Hes SUPPOSED to start sending me checks in August to fix it:dunno:

It busted the Mirror The entire Headlight assembly, And the Front and Left side fairings... The lowest estimate i got was 1500 for just parts.:rant:

just claim it on his insurance

Yea i wish this guy was a little more cooperative, I found a brand new nose piece for 75 dollars plus shipping on ebay and he wouldn't buy it.. The shitty part is he is my boss at work. He was gonna pay me when he got his raise and that was the best he could do. He said that he was "helping" me out cause legally he was not obligated too. But i'm not a lawyer so i'm not sure how true that is.

Not obligated to? What pack of dogs raised the dumb fucker? Normal social etiquette and being a decent human makes you pay for it. I can't imagine how he can sleep until it was taken care of. With integrity like that you should have been able to see it ahead of time and not allowed him to ride it in the first place.

Prior to today, I'd never been over 6,000 rpm. I know, laugh.

Holy crap, it's like a whole different bike above that, though.

I remember the hardest thing to do when I got my new bike was keep it under 6,000 rpm, despite the correlation to around 100mph in 6th. I've always heard that the best way to break-in a bike is to ride it like you're running from the cops with lots of engine speed variation, so that's what I did.

Tell him that NinjaNick and Uncle Punk said he's a motherfucker. :nono:

That's right and feel free to add any additional derogatory terms you want to pile on. If he takes offense to us calling him names tell him to join up here and we can have a discussion about it. THAT would be fun!

I've always heard that the best way to break-in a bike is to ride it like you're running from the cops with lots of engine speed variation, so that's what I did.

The machine shop we have do a good bit of our engine work says the same thing for seating in the rings. With the technology and advanced metallurgy in the top end these days, there's virtually no break-in required there. I don't think much of recommended break-in period that most manufacturers tell you these days.