Dyno Tuning Recommendations?

Sniper_308

Who should I use? MPH (Doug Duane) or DTM? Please chime in! Looking to tune a 09 R1 with a Power Commander V. I have Leo Vince slip-ons, looking to add a K&N filter and maybe a LEO mid-pipe. Or, anything else that would help the bike in HP gains!?!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who should I use? MPH (Doug Duane) or DTM? Please chime in! Looking to tune a 09 R1 with a Power Commander V. I have Leo Vince slip-ons, looking to add a K&N filter and maybe a LEO mid-pipe. Or, anything else that would help the bike in HP gains!?!

so with all this go fast power you're adding, what have you done to make sure you can contain this power, or your "stop fast" power?

The guy simply asked for a tuning rec? Not criticism from his parents.

I guess the only people with tuned R1s should be track guys. Cuz guys on the street certainly don't need smoother throttle response or a proper tune on any fuel injected bike.

Your taking food out of the mouths of all of brian's illegitimate children.

Disclaimer: I don't know Brian nor have I met his illegitimate children.

OH SNAP! BlackTod just pwn'd ohdaho!

:popcorn:

Your standards for pwnage must not be high. Go read the brass balls thread or any of Jcrozs threads ffor tue pwnage.

It's not pwnage unless I see naked picks of said hot gf.

Sniper, I'd take the bike to DTM based on the shitloads of recommendations from happy customers

How much track time do you have? Learning to ride is more important than having a fast bike. I would vote to put the money into some track time. Then add the rest later if you still feel it's needed.

Not much besides some demo rides at Nelsons, and a trip to the GAP with Chris D. That’s on my list to do’s for the season. That’s why I bought that bike trailer for the track.

The guy simply asked for a tuning rec? Not criticism from his parents.

I guess the only people with tuned R1s should be track guys. Cuz guys on the street certainly don't need smoother throttle response or a proper tune on any fuel injected bike.

Your taking food out of the mouths of all of brian's illegitimate children.

Disclaimer: I don't know Brian nor have I met his illegitimate children.

Good looking out bro, it's cool! Tod is my friend :-)

I hear his ex-girlfriend is crazy hot.

Plus I can fuck with anyone I know and even some I don't know. It's the internet don't you know.

LOL, Chris must have told you about her. Mel was hot, but that Italian attitude was pretty hard to live with. My wife blows Mel’s looks out of the water!

looking to add a K&N filter and maybe a LEO mid-pipe. Or, anything else that would help the bike in HP gains!?!
Cuz guys on the street certainly don't need smoother throttle response or a proper tune on any fuel injected bike.

You fail at reading again, he didnt ask for that. He clearly stated he's looking for more power.

And Brian gets my vote, he straightend out the issues I had with mine and its smooth as silk now.

I don't know Brian but he seems to be a good guy from his posts. He has a good reputation here and participates enough for me to be comfortable with him. I have met Doug a few times and had him do work for me. I know several people who have had him do work. I don't know anyone who wasn't happy with his work. He is hard to work with and can be an asshole. If Brian wasn't an option I would still take my shit to him to have it worked on sometimes you have to overlook asshole to get what you want.

I dont belive it is possible for Brian to be easier to deal with. He will come in any day of the week, any hour day or night. Yes he's met people there at 3 in the morn because it was the best time for the customer. And allows shenanigans to insue, he tuned mine, Sams and Jagrs together and allowed us 3 in his shop at the same time plus went to lunch with us...... brave guy.

It really should be no question. I'll never take my bike to anyone else but Brian. I really cant believe this thread was even started. I gives me a sad

Sorry bro, not trying to belittle Brian. I’m new to this site, and knew that MPH was a good place to go for a dyno tune. Just was trying to get a second opinion. I didn’t know about DTM, until after I joined this site. Looks like you guys are happy with Brian’s work, after reading around the site.