Msf course

wht_scorpion

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girl is signed up for the msf course. Should she use there bike or use her ninja 250 what would be best for her :popcorn:

When I went to Basic Msf it was mandatory to use their bike. I asked and they said no. Advanced MSF you use your bike.

they REQUIRE all students to use the MSF bikes unless there is a medical issue that requires a specially modafied bike. All the bikes at Delaware where I went where 250s. Som small Honda Rebel and the Suzuki equivalent. A few Honda Night Hawks and a few others. My main issue was the bikes where either too tall or too short for me.

She should definitely use their bike... they will have one that fits her. I don't know how much experience she has riding at reeeeeally slow speeds - can be a bit tricky at first (as you know) so by using their bike, she can drop it and see what its like to drop it and not feel bad. AND she will have the opportunity to ride a POS bike which will REALLY make her appreciate that badass 2fiddy. (I LOVED mine.. kinda sad that I sold it...but i love my new bike too)

Its required to use their bike... Their slow and pretty forgiving... Best part is that its not your bike, nor your responsibility... You can whip and flick that thing around all day, it was kinda fun actually... I just took the course this past weekend and we rode these dual sport CRF's. Slow as hell but it was a pleasant change going through weaves faster than i could with the R6 lol

Yeah, you will look straight foolish in leather...LOL! The first night is all inside. You'll watch a video of stuff and talk. Then the next two days is all riding. They will go over what is allowed and not. Redrocket04 covered everything pretty much. Helmet, jacket, gloves, boots or shoes covering the ankle. You just can't have any skin showing.

I have my MSF on the 21-23 I believe. Best believe I plan on using their bike for it and I will be riding my own up there.

Sooo, does anyone wear leather at the MSF course? I'll show up in gear and get looked at alllll day long I'm thinking.

It was a bit cold so I wore my leather jacket and chaps. Everyone else had leather jackets. No one looked at me odd, but then again I was the only one that showed up to class on a bike

I have my MSF on the 21-23 I believe. Best believe I plan on using their bike for it and I will be riding my own up there.

Sooo, does anyone wear leather at the MSF course? I'll show up in gear and get looked at alllll day long I'm thinking.

Have fun.

I didn't even wear leather :rolleyes: I wore a textile coat, jeans, gloves, helmet, and hiking boots. Bring water to drink on a warm day. I spent much of my time watching everybody else. Some people were very entertaining.

In case you have gotten the answer yet, you have to use their bikes.

• Students who wish to use their own motorcycle must submit the following to Motorcycle Ohio:

• Letter requesting permission from the MO office stating reason for using your two-wheeled motorcycle/scooter in the MO class. (Example: modification for handicap use)
    • State the motorcycle/scooter engine size. (no more than 500cc
      and a minimum of 100cc)
    • Name of insurance company that has the motorcycle/scooter insured.