P.E.T.A. Crossed the Line

C-bus

I can't think of ANY other organized group of people who share similar beliefs on a particular topic that would do something like that. You just have to ask yourselves, WWJD?

WWJD? He would have been taken time to hang out with them. I think it's all the radicals that do crazy things in the name of God that you're thinking of. The way I have been taught is that you have a choice to follow, and one should not be persecuted for choosing not to!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PETA is ridiculous. I have a few friends who are Vegan, yet refuse to associate with PETA because of how they go about campaigning. I went to see PETA's Sr. Researcher give a speech at ASU about a month ago on animal testing/dissection at the school and basically what I picked up from the whole speech is that PETA refuses to accept that people with other view points have rights too. They will do anything to get their point across, yet will not acknowledge anyone elses rights who don't agree, even when respectful about it.

at the risk of making this political, it sounds like the extremists within PETA alienate would-be supporters in the same way that the Republican Party is alienating reasonable conservatives.

I'm gonna print that out and distribute them at PITA I mean, PETA gatherings.

dude just when they protest get a bunch of friend all you guy go to mc donalds or burger king and then go over to where they are protesting and start eating hamburger or any kind of meat .

dude just when they protest get a bunch of friend all you guy go to mc donalds or burger king and then go over to where they are protesting and start eating hamburger or any kind of meat .

Next time I see them, I most definitely am going to do that.

How is dog best prepared? :lol:

I am qualified to answer this question. In a slightly spicy stew with chicken stock, onions, chili spices, carrots, and some other stuff I can't remember. Ask me how I know. ;)

I am qualified to answer this question. In a slightly spicy stew with chicken stock, onions, chili spices, carrots, and some other stuff I can't remember. Ask me how I know. ;)

he must had eaten so where in one of the other counties that eat dog,cat,and rats:lol:

How do you know.

Had it served to me in China. One of the guys I was traveling with was all about it, and although I didn't wolf down an entire serving I did try it since it was right in front of me and I had no doubts about it being cooked thoroughly. Tasted like dark meat chicken.

just because she was ugly as a dog, that does not count

you should figure out where these PETA ppl's kids go to school and go give out free tickets to the circus, making sure their kids get it and you build it up to be the best thing they will ever see in their life. that way mommy has to explain why they cant go.

watch "food inc."

I'm all for eating meat, but 'factory' farms are not only cruel to animals, but pretty gross...

But it drives down the cost of food, so people turn a blind eye.

My family is doing it's best. We get a good portion of our meats and much of our produce from either my wife's garden, Perry County woods, or CSAs. Our milk is delivered from Snowville in Athens (all free-range, non-injected cattle). But its something we choose to do and I don't really care if anyone else does it. That's the difference.... pushing the agenda on others.... and touching a child- that just calls for ass-beating. I hope the parents of one of the children who was hugged presses charges for gross sexual imposition. May not end up in a conviction, but would waste some defense money. My daughter had enough sense to walk on home.

My family is doing it's best. We get a good portion of our meats and much of our produce from either my wife's garden, Perry County woods, or CSAs. Our milk is delivered from Snowville in Athens (all free-range, non-injected cattle). But its something we choose to do and I don't really care if anyone else does it. That's the difference.... pushing the agenda on others.... and touching a child- that just calls for ass-beating. I hope the parents of one of the children who was hugged presses charges for gross sexual imposition. May not end up in a conviction, but would waste some defense money. My daughter had enough sense to walk on home.

Gross Sexual Imposition? Seriously?? Dude, I understand that this idiot was on or near school grounds unannounced and uninvited distributing propaganda to your daughter. I get that. Charging him/her with gross sexual imposition is a incredibly knee-jerk reaction. So you're going to put this person on a sex-offender list for the rest of their life? Charge them with trespassing on school property, loitering, littering, or if you wanted to get technical about it, misdemeanor assault.

Gross Sexual Imposition? Seriously?? Dude, I understand that this idiot was on or near school grounds unannounced and uninvited distributing propaganda to your daughter. I get that. Charging him/her with gross sexual imposition is a incredibly knee-jerk reaction. So you're going to put this person on a sex-offender list for the rest of their life? Charge them with trespassing on school property, loitering, littering, or if you wanted to get technical about it, misdemeanor assault.

I'm going to assume that you don't have kids. A stranger, in a mask, putting their arms around your daughter.... So can homeless guys in ski masks stand outside the schools and hug our kids? Like I said, there would not likely be a conviction, but I would press the charges if my daughter was one of the assaulted ones.

We don't have kids of our own, Cheech. Our opinions on this are invalid. You just better pray you don't accidentally bump into a kid while walking through Target. Apparently, that's grounds for a beatdown. :boxing: Plus, it makes you a pedophile. Even if the cops say you did nothing wrong. Weird, huh? :rolleyes:

We don't have kids of our own, Cheech. Our opinions on this are invalid. You just better pray you don't accidentally bump into a kid while walking through Target. Apparently, that's grounds for a beatdown. :boxing: Plus, it makes you a pedophile. Even if the cops say you did nothing wrong. Weird, huh? :rolleyes:

You'll know what I mean some day.

I'm going to assume that you don't have kids. A stranger, in a mask, putting their arms around your daughter.... So can homeless guys in ski masks stand outside the schools and hug our kids? Like I said, there would not likely be a conviction, but I would press the charges if my daughter was one of the assaulted ones.

I'm not the Franklin County Prosecutor, so take this with a grain of salt. I know a little bit about law, though. :) If your daughter had been "assaulted" by the evil girl elephant, you couldn't press the charges, unless given a referral from the police officer, who wasn't pressing charges. You're not going to get a referral if it was investigated, and determined that no crime had been committed. It doesn't work that way. You don't like it, but PETA has every right to assemble on a sidewalk. They didn't go into the school, and walk into classrooms. They stayed outside, on public property (the sidewalk).

To answer your other question, yes, a homeless man in a ski mask could stand on the same sidewalk, and if he was attractive to a kid, he could give them a hug. Hugging is not a crime, unless the kid says "don't hug me". Only then does it go from weird, but legal, to illegal.

No, I get what you're saying. Believe me. I totally understand. It's weird that PETA did that. It's creepy that PETA did that. It would piss me off if ANYONE approached them that wasn't known to me and to them. I don't have kids, but I have nieces that are 5 and 6. I love those girls like they're my own. It still doesn't make it illegal, though.

I'm not the Franklin County Prosecutor, so take this with a grain of salt. I know a little bit about law, though. :) If your daughter had been "assaulted" by the evil girl elephant, you couldn't press the charges, unless given a referral from the police officer, who wasn't pressing charges. You're not going to get a referral if it was investigated, and determined that no crime had been committed. It doesn't work that way. You don't like it, but PETA has every right to assemble on a sidewalk. They didn't go into the school, and walk into classrooms. They stayed outside, on public property (the sidewalk).

To answer your other question, yes, a homeless man in a ski mask could stand on the same sidewalk, and if he was attractive to a kid, he could give them a hug. Hugging is not a crime, unless the kid says "don't hug me". Only then does it go from weird, but legal, to illegal.

A jury of your peers decides if a crime has been committed. A monkey can press charges. Defence attornies cost money. Assembling and making physical contact are two very different things.

Chevy... feel free to weigh in... If a member of the Patriot Guard walked over and "embraced" one of the dip-shit protestors, what would happen?

No, I get what you're saying. Believe me. I totally understand. It's weird that PETA did that. It's creepy that PETA did that. It would piss me off if ANYONE approached them that wasn't known to me and to them. I don't have kids, but I have nieces that are 5 and 6. I love those girls like they're my own. It still doesn't make it illegal, though.

:cheers:

A jury of your peers decides if a crime has been committed. A monkey can press charges. Defence attornies cost money. Assembling and making physical contact are two very different things.

Chevy... feel free to weigh in... If a member of the Patriot Guard walked over and "embraced" one of the dip-shit protestors, what would happen?

So, no more group hugs at Wednesday night pre meetup at CC? :cheers:

I do have kids and I think that turning this into a sexual crime is a bit over kill. Get them for what they did, don't blow it up and become a fanatic, that is what they do, you want to be like them?

I do have kids and I think that turning this into a sexual crime is a bit over kill. Get them for what they did, don't blow it up and become a fanatic, that is what they do, you want to be like them?

I'm just so very angry. I need a hug.