P.E.T.A. Crossed the Line

C-bus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have kids and I think that turning this into a sexual crime is a bit over kill. Get them for what they did, don't blow it up and become a fanatic, that is what they do, you want to be like them?

I say file a complaint with the PD if this happened to your kid, get them to investigate, to at least give them a chance to know that it was crossing the line. I agree with not having a knee-jerk reaction, and not going overboard, as they would.

I'm just so very angry. I need a hug.

From someone dressed in an elephant costume? :lol:

A jury of your peers decides if a crime has been committed. A monkey can press charges. Defence attornies cost money. Assembling and making physical contact are two very different things.

Chevy... feel free to weigh in... If a member of the Patriot Guard walked over and "embraced" one of the dip-shit protestors, what would happen?

lol, Why did I get called out. I have been relatively quiet in this thread. But...

if a PGR member walked over and hugged a protester, all hell would break loose. Fists would fly. Cops called. Charges filed. And seeing as some of the current lawsuits going on right now, the protester would win I have no doubt.

I have a little girl. I would have a huge problem if this happened to her. Sure this took place on a public area. But this is not a controlled environment. If I took her to Disneyland and Dumbo hugged her, that's different. But PETA pulling a sneak attack and going behind parents is low. Could someone attempt to press charges? Sure. But I think the only way to win would to have better lawyers than PETA can get.

I am torn though. This being in a public area and having freedom of speech. Yes there are people that may not like what happened, but not being familiar if a "hug" can fall into assault charges, other than that I don't think any laws were broken. And just because I really think it was immoral but that doesn't mean it is against the law.

"I will defend to the death your right to say it."

lol, Why did I get called out. I have been relatively quiet in this thread. But...

if a PGR member walked over and hugged a protester, all hell would break loose. Fists would fly. Cops called. Charges filed. And seeing as some of the current lawsuits going on right now, the protester would win I have no doubt.

I have a little girl. I would have a huge problem if this happened to her. Sure this took place on a public area. But this is not a controlled environment. If I took her to Disneyland and Dumbo hugged her, that's different. But PETA pulling a sneak attack and going behind parents is low. Could someone attempt to press charges? Sure. But I think the only way to win would to have better lawyers than PETA can get.

I am torn though. This being in a public area and having freedom of speech. Yes there are people that may not like what happened, but not being familiar if a "hug" can fall into assault charges, other than that I don't think any laws were broken. And just because I really think it was immoral but that doesn't mean it is against the law.

"I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No argument there... Although in really poor taste, they can assemble on a public sidewalk. They can even hand out literature to children. But touching goes way beyond. The fact that I despise PETA fuels my fire, without a doubt. The lawsuit/charges would certainly be frivolous and would not end in a conviction or judgment for the plaintiff... but I would have exhausted all measures of legal retribution. I was considering doing a deer-gutting demonstration on the sidewalk in front of their offices. Ok, I'm letting it go now. Wooo-saaaa Wooo-saaaa

No argument there... Although in really poor taste, they can assemble on a public sidewalk. They can even hand out literature to children. But touching goes way beyond. The fact that I despise PETA fuels my fire, without a doubt. The lawsuit/charges would certainly be frivolous and would not end in a conviction or judgment for the plaintiff... but I would have exhausted all measures of legal retribution. I was considering doing a deer-gutting demonstration on the sidewalk in front of their offices. Ok, I'm letting it go now. Wooo-saaaa Wooo-saaaa

I don't have the finances to fight a battle I know I would lose. I'd like to see the law on "hugging". Would you let a character from Disneyland hug your kid? Where do you draw the line? I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway, just curious.

I don't have the finances to fight a battle I know I would lose. I'd like to see the law on "hugging". Would you let a character from Disneyland hug your kid? Where do you draw the line? I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway, just curious.

Legit question. The parents were not around to supervise or to approve/disapprove. No one knew what was underneath the mask... could have been a man, could have been a lady. That, right there, is the rub.

Legit question. The parents were not around to supervise or to approve/disapprove. No one knew what was underneath the mask... could have been a man, could have been a lady. That, right there, is the rub.

Would you still be this upset if it was people from the circus doing a PR thing to get the kids to nag the parents to take them to the circus?

Then there are the Shriner clowns I see them hugging kids all the time when they are working. Not sure anyone has anything against the Shriners

Would you still be this upset if it was people from the circus doing a PR thing to get the kids to nag the parents to take them to the circus?

Then there are the Shriner clowns I see them hugging kids all the time when they are working. Not sure anyone has anything against the Shriners

Actually, I would be upset with any stranger touching a child without a parent or supervisory adult present. I really would be. Santa hugs my kids... but I'm there. We've done Disney and the characters hug the kids... but I'm there. If Smokey the Bear did a presentation at school and gave a hug... teachers/principals are there. I really don't think I'm being hypersensitive.

Actually, I would be upset with any stranger touching a child without a parent or supervisory adult present. I really would be. Santa hugs my kids... but I'm there. We've done Disney and the characters hug the kids... but I'm there. If Smokey the Bear did a presentation at school and gave a hug... teachers/principals are there. I really don't think I'm being hypersensitive.

I would hope that Disney would have screened the people they have dressing as their characters.

The supervision is the key here. It's getting to the point that we can't let kids out of our sight at all. I remember when I was a kid, I was told to get lost (or something to that effect!)

Teachers where there, they called the cops.

Also the question was not if you would still be angry, the question was "would you be this angry"

Don't get me wrong, what they did was in bad taste, but we can not regulate bad taste (if we did no one would have made it out of the 70s without jail time).

I would hope that Disney would have screened the people they have dressing as their characters.

The supervision is the key here. It's getting to the point that we can't let kids out of our sight at all. I remember when I was a kid, I was told to get lost (or something to that effect!)

And be back when the streetlights came on? Or was that before your time?

I blame the media. Yes there are bad people, but there where bad people when we where kids as well. But the media did not "exploit" every shitty thing that happens in every shit hole on the planet for ratings.

I was taught how to look out for me, and that is what I passed on to my son as well. IT has worked out well for us.

If I may, go find the Penn&Teller Bullshit episode on "Stranger Danger". The numbers have not changed in proportion to the hystria that the media has drummed up.

Teachers where there, they called the cops.

Also the question was not if you would still be angry, the question was "would you be this angry"

Don't get me wrong, what they did was in bad taste, but we can not regulate bad taste (if we did no one would have made it out of the 70s without jail time).

Teachers were there stopping a stranger from touching children. If I was at a July 4th parade and a Shriner hugged my kid, of course not. I'd raise my beer and give a nod. If I walked around a corner and there was a person in a mask dressed as a shriner on July 10th embracing my child, he'd have a problem. Lesson to children yesterday... If you see a cute injured elephant costume near the street, just go ahead and see what it has for you. And don't worry if it puts it's hands on you and pulls you towards it. And just read your cute comic book and eat your tootsie roll as the white van speeds away with you in the back.

I blame the media. Yes there are bad people, but there where bad people when we where kids as well. But the media did not "exploit" every shitty thing that happens in every shit hole on the planet for ratings.

I was taught how to look out for me, and that is what I passed on to my son as well. IT has worked out well for us.

If I may, go find the Penn&Teller Bullshit episode on "Stranger Danger". The numbers have not changed in proportion to the hystria that the media has drummed up.

I don't disagree.

Seriously??????

comparing a PETA activist with a pedophile is pretty stupid. So you don't let them go see Santa and the Easter Bunny and whoever...just because someone knows who they are does not mean they are not pedophiles...

PETA does some great work and anyone making fun of animals being slaughtered is a dumb uneducated F***!!! :mad:

My 0.025 cts....

Look at it this way to each there own. We can get along you eat vegs and we eat meat. Just dont push things you think is right because some people have to eat meat do to the protein from the meat. Veg dont have that kind of protein

as for slaughter house that prepair meat on how they treat animals that should be left up to the usda harder laws not by people that think every body should eat vegs

Think seal pup bashing on the ice NO

save the hump back whales NO

humane treatment of animals NO

clean oil off of animals after a oil spill NO

brain wash kids not to eat meat

and skin ad of females how degrading yes a weiner

Edited by wht_scorpion

Teachers were there stopping a stranger from touching children. If I was at a July 4th parade and a Shriner hugged my kid, of course not. I'd raise my beer and give a nod. If I walked around a corner and there was a person in a mask dressed as a shriner on July 10th embracing my child, he'd have a problem. Lesson to children yesterday... If you see a cute injured elephant costume near the street, just go ahead and see what it has for you. And don't worry if it puts it's hands on you and pulls you towards it. And just read your cute comic book and eat your tootsie roll as the white van speeds away with you in the back.

reading through the last 2 pages, this really says it all right here. Between the knee-jerk reaction, your admittance to wanting to engage in frivolous litigation (which IMO if it was anyone else for anything else you and a few others would rail on the legal system and how it's in need of reform), and this paranoid diatribe, I can do nothing but shake my head.

It's absolutely none of my business how you raise your daughter, but the fact that I don't have any kids doesn't make your arguments any less paranoid and reactionary.

Seriously??????

comparing a PETA activist with a pedophile is pretty stupid. So you don't let them go see Santa and the Easter Bunny and whoever...just because someone knows who they are does not mean they are not pedophiles...

PETA does some great work and anyone making fun of animals being slaughtered is a dumb uneducated F***!!! :mad:

there's only one good thing PETA has done:

peta-protest.jpg

get more naked women in public

otherwise their a bunch of sleezy hypocrites who gladly bring in donations from pet owners while opposing pet ownership, protest euthanasia at animal shelters while killing animals at their headquarters, and use animal-derived medications while providing funding for the legal defense of people who firebomb animal research facilities while peddling their idiotic propaganda to the only group of people naive enough to buy into it: 3rd graders.

Um no, it's not. I would LOVE to hear your explanation of this.

Actually, I would be upset with any stranger touching a child without a parent or supervisory adult present. I really would be. Santa hugs my kids... but I'm there. We've done Disney and the characters hug the kids... but I'm there. If Smokey the Bear did a presentation at school and gave a hug... teachers/principals are there.

So from the person that chastised me for not having kids and not understanding, you're taking it upon yourself to inflict your parenting methods on some kid that you don't know? That seems a bit, I don't know... hypocritical? Which rolls nicely into...

I really don't think I'm being hypersensitive.
Let me help you with that. You are. Incredibly.
there's only one good thing PETA has done:

get more naked women in public.

Bless you.

It's sad that no one has mentioned, not once, that PETA euthanizes animals by the thousands. In VA, they facilitated the adoption of a whopping 8 dogs and cats for the entire year of 2009. 2,366 dogs and cats were euthanized. I suppose this is a bad time to mention PETA's income is about 30 million a year in donations.