FI Light Came On Just a minute ago! Halp!

Bigbird

OK, since this is asked about almost daily around here...

**the self-diagnostic indicator terminal is the orange wire with a clear shrink-wrap like end near the jumper-mod connector. Kinda hangs off alone by itself.**

Remove the front seat (see Front Seat Removal in the Frame chapter) and pull the self-diagnosis terminal [G].

•Turn the ignition switch ON.

•Connect an auxiliary lead [E] for grounding to the self-diagnosis terminal.

•To enter the self-diagnosis dealer mode 1, ground [A] the self-diagnosis terminal for more than 2 seconds [C], and then keep it grounded continuously [D].

•Count the blinks of the light (LED) to read the service code. Keep the auxiliary lead ground until you finish reading the service code.

This is for dealer mode #2

•To enter the self-diagnosis dealer mode 2 repeat opening and grounding [A] the lead more than five times [F] within 2 seconds [C] after the lead is first grounded, and then keep it grounded continuously [D] for more than 2 seconds.

*this is for 05-06, it may be the same for others aswell.*

also, i believe dealer mode #2 is what WE want to use.

Edited by RSVDon

Thanks Don! I'm on my phone looking at this, and the Kawi forums I get on are almost impossible to read. When I get a break I'll try and see if I can make sense of all of that. The bike was running fine and the engine sounded normal. I also wasn't riding any differently than I normally do...just freaking me out cause I haven't had any problems with my baby yet.

Thanks Don! I'm on my phone looking at this, and the Kawi forums I get on are almost impossible to read. When I get a break I'll try and see if I can make sense of all of that. The bike was running fine and the engine sounded normal. I also wasn't riding any differently than I normally do...just freaking me out cause I haven't had any problems with my baby yet.

You're fine. At worst it's a bad sensor of some sort.

I cleaned up the instructions a little now.

Edited by RSVDon