I am not happy. Not at all.

redrocket04

So, some of y'all know that I had been looking at, and finally did buy a cruiser to go along with my '04 cbr. Well, what I hadn't been mentioning was that I'd also found a new replacement for my cbr. '08 CBR 600rr with under 500 miles. The guy had hit hard times, and was willing to just sell it for his payoff, just to get out from under the payment as quickly as possible.

So I talked to the guy, got the details, and was to go up Monday evening to get it. In the meantime, I sold my cbr. (for more than I was gonna be getting the new one for) The kid and his dad picked it up this morning at 8:00am. This morning, at 9:30, guy texts me and says he sold it for $500 over asking price. I didn't say I'd come look. I said "I'll take it. When's a good time for me to come up and get it?" He says "I'm busy this weekend, can ya come up Monday evening sometime?" I said "Yup, I'll be there as early as will work for you, with the cash."

I know there wasn't a signed contract, but dammit, that just seems like a dirty thing to do.

So now I've got a new cruiser, which isn't even home yet, no sport bike, and a pile of money I don't know what to do with. My garage looks empty, and I'm not happy.

So, what's the suggested way of taking my sads, and getting something useful out of it? :burnout:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When an individual is in desperate need of money or has financial problems, they will do whatever it takes and will be quick to take more money if offered.

However there are some that will hold true to what they say even in their times of need.

As for the bike.

Now you can search the net and find one that's had the front and rear suspension upgraded...

This puts the seller in a bad position. He has a verbal commitment from a guy who has never seen the bike so there is some question in his mind. What if you didn't like it or what if you just changed your mind. In the meantime someone shows up with a wad of cash and says Ill take it now. Whats the old saying about a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. It certainly sucks from your end but can't say I blame the seller. At least he told you before you made the trip.......

with that said the guy was a douche for promising it to you with out the first come first serve stipulation or the no deposit no hold stipulation.........

Edited by garysol1

Actually yes, a person's word is their contract. Based on historical reference, and the first laws ever written. Unfortunately it tends to only apply to business people making transactions.

Always look on the bright side. You now have a cruiser to ride about and look for a sport bike. And there are a lot of people selling out from under their payments, so it won't take too long to find something worthy. Just don't go out and spend the cash on hookers and blow.

Just had a guy to that to me and a friend of mine. Told him we where on our way out to his house(which is about an hour away fyi) and asked for his address for gps. he told us and even gave us a tip to avoid construction. We finally arrived and a little girl answers the door and says that he is out loading up the quad. so we waited. about 5min later the little girl comes back out and said that he was loading up the quad because it was sold to someone else 10min before we got there. wtf? oh well...prolly wasnt meant to be.

Sorry just checked the yellow one they had is gone, but they do have this one for a good price. http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/inventory/listings/l0032.html

Oh, das nice.. I wonder what they add for freight and setup. That can get a little ridiculous sometimes, can't it?

I know it's not the worst problem in the world, and that even if it takes me a couple of days or weeks to find something, it's not like all is lost. Especially since I now know that you'll wait for me during rides. :)