WTB: biker to biker communication headset

JamesE

looking to buy a helmet communicator. Ive been looking at Scala g4 and q2 but i really dont have the extra money to buy new. Im willing to check anything out so just let me know what you got. Thanks

Chatterbox XBi's are great. We have sold many with nothing but great reviews and no problems. one problem with a mic, but it get replaced asap.

your looking at $140 per helmet. each can sync to its own phone and ipod and you can talk to each other.

I have a brand new Vega V-Tune helmet large in the box I would part with. Full Bluetooth capabilities. I have $140.00 in it and would sell it for that. Retail is $239.00 I think.

Includes the cool flip down sun shield..

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

I have a brand new Vega V-Tune helmet large in the box I would part with. Full Bluetooth capabilities. I have $140.00 in it and would sell it for that. Retail is $239.00 I think.

Includes the cool flip down sun shield..

Does that support A2DP?

James, this is what we did.

We bouthg a couple FRS radios. Then got a MotoComm Headset package.

It velcoris into your helpmet, and has a wired pushbuttong that you can strap to one of your bars. It works great!

Here is a sample of the one I got: https://www.motocomm.com/products.php?ItemID=3233&ProductCatID=171

MotoComm know seels the whole kit with radios: https://www.motocomm.com/products.php?ProductCatID=164&ItemID=3218

I keep the radio in a jacket pocket.

I love it.

You just have to get used to not jumping off of your bike without disconnecting from the switch on your handlbars.

I found the specs for it on Vega's website, it is ASD2. Below is a link to the manual. Boy it sure sounds like they took a Chatterbox XBI2 and put it inside the helmet. I am not saying that is bad, that is what I have and love it. But the function description...the light flashes....everything sounds exactly like the XBI2.

http://www.vegahelmet.com/VTune_Manual_BOOK_HR_REV.pdf

Either way that is a heck of a price for that setup.

• 1 month later...
Chatterbox XBi's are great. We have sold many with nothing but great reviews and no problems. one problem with a mic, but it get replaced asap.

your looking at $140 per helmet. each can sync to its own phone and ipod and you can talk to each other.

The xbi's can only link to one other bike though, at a 2 mile range.... Is that still correct?

The xbi's can only link to one other bike though, at a 2 mile range.... Is that still correct?

correct. only 2 can be together at one time. not even 2 miles.

its around 1 mile on the XBi2. but, if im ever riding with anyone, im never more than 1 mile apart of them. atleast not a nautical mile.

we have an assorment of sizes of the Vega Vtune in stock, the biggest complaint i have with it, is it does not get that loud. i had my phone cranked, and the helmet cranked, and it wasnt loud. if you have a loud exhaust, not too good.

but if you want something simple, not expensive, and all together, this is pretty good.

Edited by ICEMAN

correct. only 2 can be together at one time. not even 2 miles.

its around 1 mile on the XBi2. but, if im ever riding with anyone, im never more than 1 mile apart of them. atleast not a nautical mile.

we have an assorment of sizes of the Vega Vtune in stock, the biggest complaint i have with it, is it does not get that loud. i had my phone cranked, and the helmet cranked, and it wasnt loud. if you have a loud exhaust, not too good.

but if you want something simple, not expensive, and all together, this is pretty good.

The range is farther on the x1 though (5 miles?), & you can link more riders.... Is that correct?

I tried the Vega Vtune and liked it when paired up to my Iphone BUT it would not pair up with my Garmin 780 GPS. My GPS is the main link in my communication system as it allows me to dial and answer the phone from it as well as it is my MP3 player. I was a bit miffed that the Vega would not pair with such a common component like the Garmin.

I tried the Vega Vtune and liked it when paired up to my Iphone BUT it would not pair up with my Garmin 780 GPS. My GPS is the main link in my communication system as it allows me to dial and answer the phone from it as well as it is my MP3 player. I was a bit miffed that the Vega would not pair with such a common component like the Garmin.

get a droid, no worries!!! LOL.

The range is farther on the x1 though (5 miles?), & you can link more riders.... Is that correct?

here is some info off of Chatterbox website about the XBi2. Its 3 people, 500 meters. i believe the original XBi is only 300 meters and only 2 people.

"The XBi2 is our latest bike-to-bike wireless intercom that also comes equipped with A2DP Bluetooth technology. It has all the features that the XBi has but with additional power that will allow simultaneous communications between 3 riders with up to 500 meters of range [1,640 ft] in optimum conditions.

The XBi2 will allow you to stream audio signal from any source that already comes equipped with Bluetooth such as mobile telephones, MP3, GPS and even an iPod/iPhone when hooked up to a Bluetooth adapter such as our AP21 or AG12. After all, the whole point of Bluetooth is to eliminate that pesky cable that most intercoms are dependent on for receiving audio signals.

The XBi2 will allow for up to 6-8 hours of true talk time and 48 hours of standby time on one charge."

Edited by ICEMAN