Notary needed asap

NightRider

Wow. Not what i expected out of this thread. lol. Yes...maybe i didn't do the smartest thing with the title. But i have it...and if some, or all of you don't believe me...i can take a picture of it for you. I kept trying to get ahold of the seller (who's a state trooper) to ask if the title was notarized and open before i got there. He didn't respond to me, or let me know it wasn't...until i got there. I arrived at his around 5:30...and everything was closed. Not much of an excuse...but i'm not exactly as wealthy as most on here. Part laziness, and part of being cheap...the seller and i agreed to see if i could find a notary...instead of having to drive back up 2 more hours. I was 13$ short for the actual bike for fuck's sake lol.

The seller and i agreed if i have any problems with the title, to give him a call...and we'll see what he can do. As in more than likely, i'll have to drive back up to Bucyrus. Which i've been trying to avoid in the 1st place.

Nothing really else to it folks.

Wow. Not what i expected out of this thread. lol. Yes...maybe i didn't do the smartest thing with the title. But i have it...and if some, or all of you don't believe me...i can take a picture of it for you. I kept trying to get ahold of the seller (who's a state trooper) to ask if the title was notarized and open before i got there. He didn't respond to me, or let me know it wasn't...until i got there. I arrived at his around 5:30...and everything was closed. Not much of an excuse...but i'm not exactly as wealthy as most on here. Part laziness, and part of being cheap...the seller and i agreed to see if i could find a notary...instead of having to drive back up 2 more hours. I was 13$ short for the actual bike for fuck's sake lol.

The seller and i agreed if i have any problems with the title, to give him a call...and we'll see what he can do. As in more than likely, i'll have to drive back up to Bucyrus. Which i've been trying to avoid in the 1st place.

I guess you keep missing the point if someone were to notarize it for you with out the seller there they would be breaking the law. They will not give up their job for you.

Have the guy you brought it from Mail you a bill of sale, once you receive it mail him the title to get notarized and then send it back to you. Its not a big deal.

Its not about being poor or rich. Its about taking five minutes to find out how to sell/buy a vehicle from a private seller.

Fedex title to seller. Seller gets his info notarized, seller Fedex's it back to you. Problem solved.

I don't see anything wrong with the way you did it, it's just a little more work on your end, and his end. When I bought the Vstar a few days ago, he still had a lien on it. He owned a business in town, though, so I was fine with forking over the cash, getting a bill of sale on his company letterhead, and him saying he'd get the title in a timely manner. I also trusted him to deliver the bike to me. I was a little nervous about that, since I paid in advance. Point is, he delivered it to my door, paid off his lien at Knox County bank, and overnighted the title to me. Not everyone is out to screw people, claim theft on a bike, or any sort of other shady crap.

The way he did it is fine. It's the way he's trying to do the rest that's illegal. Not that I care.. and he'll probably find someone to do it for him' date=' but he could have saved himself a lot of aggravation by not being hasty.[/quote']

That much I'll completely agree with. :)

Plus, the title I got overnighted to me was notarized, and none of that shady lowballing the purchase price.

There are notaries everywhere that are open at 530 Shawn, bad move. Car dealers everywhere open till 8 or 9 and all have atleast one notary, had to be a car dealer by his house. And most every walmart has a bank in it now as well open till 9.

Shown hate to say it but u should have known better than yo take a unnotorized title from anyone now u will either have to drive up to bucyrus and get done in one day or FedEx and wait two days. Hell if u got money like that I only change 75 cents amile. Lol

Clearly, i made a mistake...and should have thought about what i was doing a little more. I never thought of going to any of the places, everyone has mentioned. I guess, in the back of my head...i kept thinking someone from OR could help me, or find someone who could. I didn't realize it would be this big of a deal.

Anyway...i'm sure some of you will be saddened to know i got the title taken care of.