Summer College/HS Interns for Commercial Vehicle Group

Cheech

CVG is hiring college/HS level summer interns for engineering/IT (you get to work with me!) and a limited number of general-purpose roles.

We're looking for college-bound HS'ers or current college students.

Now that the HR stuff is out of the way, for all you kids in college or about to get there, this is the easiest and most direct way to get your foot in the door and prove yourself. I can tell you that the engineering stuff is pretty hands on, they have a LOT of toys in the R&D department. If you're after IT (and to be the newbie to my Dr. Cox ;)) I can personally guarantee you will get more hands on experience in 4 months than you would in a year's worth of classes, as long as you are willing to learn.

Application is here: http://www.binaryshower.com/2010_CVG_Intern.pdf. Fill out and email to jenna.commisa@cvgrp.com. Don't worry about putting me down, they have no idea who "Cheech" is anyway. :)

Good luck!

I just checked, and you do have to be either an active college student or a HS'er about to enter college. Age isn't a big deal as long as those qualifications are met.

what kinda work is it exactly? what kinda stuff would intern be doing?

From what I know about the engineering side of it, it's helping the R&D guys research new tech for development on either our products or manufacturing of the products. For the IT side, it would be augmenting our helpdesk, and if you're not a complete muppet, helping out with some of the server/storage/networking projects we get all the time.

what if we have absolutely no experience with either field but need a summer job of sorts and would like one that looks good?! I mean this does pay right?! haha

what if we have absolutely no experience with either field but need a summer job of sorts and would like one that looks good?! I mean this does pay right?! haha

You do realize this is in Columbus?

You do realize this is in Columbus?

yes i do.... i have friends down there.... it would be a stretch, but this might be a cool opportunity for me.

I'll be honest I'm not too serious, just more interested in seeing if it might be realistic at all.:)