Ranges?

jessecwalters

So back on topic of ranges ScottB and Me went to A&A shooting today for the first time. Outdoor range public access, skeet, pistol, 100yrd and 200 yrd rifle. A little on the rustic side(built1973) but well run from what I saw. Proshop, clubhouse nice grounds. Price for range time was pretty fair, $10 and hour for the outdoor ranges. Ammo prices were less then fair at a gouging $16.40 for a box of 50 blazer alum fmj 9mm. Stupid me had to get some while I was there. Will let you shoot at what ever you want from what I saw. They had some tractor tires set up to set things on. We shot at some water bottles and bolwing pins, with a water filled monster bottle my 9mm blew up. Was fun till the rain picked up kinda hard, time to pack it up! It is out in garretsville off of 422. Would not mind going back on a dry calm day(kinda windy today)

Or would not mind getting out to some farm land either! hint hint.

Speedy, it fun getting out to the shooty place and playing with the bang button. I took my father and my uncle to the range. It was cool with my dad. Normally the fathers bring sons out to the range, this time I brought my dad instead of him bringing me. I started dad out shooting the Savage bolt action 22LR. He thought it was ok, but a pain to have to cycle the bolt after firing. Then I handed off my Marlin semi-auto. He loved that he did not have to do anything other than pull the trigger and it was ready to shoot again.

I think we can probably get a group rate if we called ahead and had enough people to go, assuming we had to go to a public place and pay per hour.

I would also like to try the skeet/trap shooting. I am not what makes the different in the labeling of skeet vs trap, maybe the size of the orange "clays"? But i would probably have to get a different barrel for my Rem 870. Currently has a cylinder bore 18 or 18.5 inch barrel.

Thats why I went to the right end with my mini, and 9mm. The mini throws some major brass and it is much larger and hotter then a 22 case. I saw ya jumpin on the one. I got a hot steel case from my mini last time I shot inside that left a nice burn for a few weeks! I think we are the only two northern guys who shoot somewhat frequently??! When it warms a bit and dries out some I would be down with going out again. Was a good time, thanks for the invite.

I am fortunate enough to have my own private range hidden out here in the woods with me and have been known to invite OR peeps out from time to time.

If you are interested in making the 45min to and hour drive from Columbus let me know and maybe I'll shoot you an invite for the next one, which by the way is comming up pretty soon.

I would like to come shoot if possible.

I can bring ALOT of beer.

I'm very confidant that you can find some great targets to shoot on Parsons Avenue. It's not far from you at all on the short North side of Cbus.:D

parsons is on the south side, not in the short north.

pickaway county sportsmen club is just off of state rout 22 between Lancaster and circleville. Thats were I do all my shooting matches.

I took two courses there; a intro to IDPA a couple weeks ago and a handgun course last month. Last month was my first time going there. I plan on doing a couple IDPA matches there in the coming months.

I dont know much about the C-bus area, but for outdoor ranges near my house, I either have to drive almost an hour south to a public range and pay $10 an hour, or I can drive almost an hour northeast to my friends place and shoot for free, plus bring food and beverages. Dang city dweller i am.....

Oh, and I got 2 "gun hickeys" on my neck. That stinking semi-auto launch 2 pieces of spent hot brass on my neck. I though I had my hood up high enough to prevent that from happening.

So thats the story you told Kelli What's the real story huh huh

Oh, and I got 2 "gun hickeys" on my neck. That stinking semi-auto launch 2 pieces of spent hot brass on my neck. I though I had my hood up high enough to prevent that from happening.

lol. When I was in the Army we would qualify with our rifles and the ranges were set up so each shooter was just a couple of feet away. It really sucks when you are laying in the prone position and the other guys brass lands on your neck and you just sit there and let the shit burn you because it's a timed qualifying event. As soon as that one would cool off, another would land on your neck. :lol:

lol. When I was in the Army we would qualify with our rifles and the ranges were set up so each shooter was just a couple of feet away. It really sucks when you are laying in the prone position and the other guys brass lands on your neck and you just sit there and let the shit burn you because it's a timed qualifying event. As soon as that one would cool off, another would land on your neck. :lol:

Last Saturday morning was not a great day for anything outdoors. I had my hood from my Carhart jacket up and the brass still got me.

I am going Wednesday with my dad so he buy his own first target rifle, a Remington 597. He has called me like 12 times since Saturday talking about it.

Isn't dad supposed to get the sons into the hobby, not the other way around?

Last Saturday morning was not a great day for anything outdoors. I had my hood from my Carhart jacket up and the brass still got me.

I am going Wednesday with my dad so he buy his own first target rifle, a Remington 597. He has called me like 12 times since Saturday talking about it.

Isn't dad supposed to get the sons into the hobby, not the other way around?

lol, I know what you mean. I've gotten my dad more into guns, gun rights and concealed carry.

Hey did ya happen to notice the property for sale on 422 by punderson lake? Hey I wish you would have said your Dad was looking for the 597 I would have let him shoot mine a bit on sat. You going with Dad to help or to look at that stoeger over/under?