Help with a song...

alab32

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few I used from our wedding.....

"If"... Bread

"Wedding Song (There is Love)"... Noel Paul Stookey

"I Love You"... Climax Blues Band

And our song & the one I proposed to her to.....

"You Are So Beautiful to Me"... Joe Cocker

GLWS

To Make You Feel My Love . . .And you have your choice of Genres. Written and performed by Bob Dylan, it has also been recorded by Billy Joel, Garth Brooks and Adele, each of whom had chart entries with the song.

It has also been covered by Trisha Yearwood, Neil Diamond, Joan Osborne, Luka Bloom, Josh Kelley, Timothy B. Schmit, Kelly Clarkson, Ronan Keating, Winifred Horan (from Solas), Emily Loizeau, Bryan Ferry, Mary Black, Ruarri Joseph, Phil Keaggy, Taylor Hicks, Jon Peter Lewis, Adele, Kris Allen and Maria Muldaur.

Just incase you need more versions to check out...lol

i loved her first- heartland (great father daughter song)

amazed- lonestar...

if your looking for slow songs i could go all day, but just go onto some websites of radio stations you like and they all have trackers of songs they have played and just write some down.

Wow lots of... wonder... um... gre... um... songs for put up here. Ha ha ha. I am thinking of maybe starting with a slow song then like half way or three quarters the way through it body out some fast song and let the dancing begin.

I am slightly nervous about posting this but I will just out of the chance of getting a few real answers. I am trying to find a song for the wedding party to dance to at my reception. I am looking on the internet but nothing is looking promising. Any ideas?

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary FAST.

Here's my take on wedding receptions in general:

people want to 3 things when tehy attend a wedding reception: food, booze, and dancing.

As 'special' as all the ceremonial 'stuff' may seem, it's boring for guests. No one is entertained by watching your wedding party dance... Sorry.

This is what we did -

guests are seated and wedding party is introduced (to the "nooma nooma song"). Wife and I entered to Rage Against the Machine's cover of "renegades of funk." (i wanted "know your enemy," but she talked to the DJ)

As soon as we walked in, we immediately cut the cake (you've got everyone's attention, and once they're eating, you do NOT get it back). Also lets teh staff cut cake while everyone eats dinner.

MOH and best man speeches take 5-20 minutes, depending on who gives them, and then we ate, then greeted our guests while they ate.

As the first of them were finishing up eating, we did our first dance, then followed that immediately by a COMBINED mother/son and father/daughter dance. There were still plenty of pictures of me and my mom, and Sara with her dad.

skipped the "bridal party" dance all together (we didn't have an even number of people anyway - I have 5 friends and 2 brothers. Sara has 4 friends, a sister, and my sister)

went right to bouquet toss and garter toss (i could have lived without both), and kicked off the party.

Like I said - watching you dance is boring for your guests after 30 seconds. Watching the wedding party dance is even MORE boring. get through it as fast as possible, and get to the fun part.

so pick whatever song is short and tolerable to you and your fiancee.

Edited by redkow97