Picked up some tires just for $shipping

NightRider

I was given these tires. All i had to was pay shipping which was 37$. Would have been 26$...but a box was needed. :nono:

They are Bridgestone Battlax Bt 57's. I guess they came stock on the newer Yzf's. And...are now outdated...by a newer model?

I can't really complain. I barely had enough to buy one tire, let alone 2. These will be, and have to be a HUGE improvement over the ones i have now.

Just thought i would throw this up here. These are just temporary until i have enough for some power pures or pilot powers.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

180-1.jpg?t=1273715827

176-1.jpg?t=1273716570

175.jpg?t=1273716598

174.jpg?t=1273716640

My OEM rear BT56 is shot, and I think I'll just do two new tires. BT56 is expensive. I probably will get two something else instead. But nothing wrong with using the OEM tires.

my thought is still what I told you the other day ..

use those, when they need replaced buy some conti R/A's or dunlop R/s's

how you getting them mounted? here saturday?

Edited by Big3

my thought is still what I told you the other day ..

use those, when they need replaced buy some conti R/A's or dunlop R/s's

how you getting them mounted? here saturday?

Yeah. These are just temporary until i can get some better ones.

If your free man. If not, no worries. :D

I think what they ment by outdated was the date they were made. Probally some pretty old tires, what the date code on the tires?

Not sure. I'll have to look tomorrow. I researched them. I'm pretty sure they became the Battlax BTO-20 tires? They CANNOT be any worse, old or not...than the ones on the bike now.

Here are some pics of the Current tires on the bike. The tread on the back tire is worn, and the front tire has a major cup on it. I tried to take pics, and point out the cup on the front.

Front

017.jpg?t=1273772439

017.jpg?t=1273772439

014.jpg?t=1273772522

012.jpg?t=1273772557

011.jpg?t=1273772583

010.jpg?t=1273773270

Back

005.jpg?t=1273772628

004.jpg?t=1273772682

Yep, thats exactly what I was thinking. I sent him a message earlier to call me when he's by the tires so I can tell him how to check that. We shall see.

I appreciate the Pm and help Todd. And to everyone as well. I knew where the date code is. They are 05's.

I'm open to suggestions, and not set on throwing these on here blindly. I just figured...even being old(er) they couldn't be worse than the ones on the bike. With the cup, etc.

If i don't end up putting them on, they could be spares for in an emergency. :dunno:

These were not intended to be a long term tire solution anyway. Just some temporary tires until i could get some better ones.

Look them over very carefully... dryrot, cracks ect. I know you were in a pinch and short on cash but judgeing from the picts those tires dont look very good and an 05 code would make me iffy. I think tires are supposed to have a max life of 6 years if stored properly but I'm not sure.

If you put them on, and I'm sure you will. Take it easy the first few rides and look them over carefully afterwards.

Look them over very carefully... dryrot, cracks ect. I know you were in a pinch and short on cash but judgeing from the picts those tires dont look very good and an 05 code would make me iffy. I think tires are supposed to have a max life of 6 years if stored properly but I'm not sure.

If you put them on, and I'm sure you will. Take it easy the first few rides and look them over carefully afterwards.

Believe it or not, the pictures...make the tires look bad. Or worse, than they are. The 1st thing i did, when then they got here...was look them over as closely as i could. If i truly felt the tires were in poor shape, or worse than the current ones...i would not put them on.

There are no cracks, no dry not, no holes. I'll definitely be monitoring the tires once they are on. I appreciate the warnings, and concern.

In other words, Todd is trying to tell you he'll take it for $600 and a Big Mac from a McDonald's of your choice.

:lol: