Mid ohio may 20 twilight?

gixxie750

It's funny how slower riders never give me a problem.. Lizard.. same deal. I mean if you can't pull off good clean passes with three to four feet at a track as wide as Mid-Ohio you'll never be able to.

What's so hard about giving someone three solid feet on a pass? Those were the rules we used iin 09 and 08... Is that not enough room, do you need it t be closer? Seriously, I'm just wondering.

I loved the format (duh.. that's why I came up with it...) that allowed riders to come and go as thy please and sneak a "day" of riding in in a few hours.

In my experience the things that detract from this format are over booking and riders getting out on the track that absolutely were/are not solid Intermediates (something STT did not control when at Mid-Ohio) this format was a blast.

I was not blaming the format just suggested it contributed to a series of poor judgments on my part that led to my accident which was completely my fault.

It was the first time for me in the advanced group and I was looking forward to getting some time with faster guys in hopes of improving my time. I was running with another guy down the back straight when suddenly there were five guys across the track braking or slowing down for the right hand turn at the end of it. I hadn't seen them in front of us through the keyhole so I didn't expect any traffic in front of us. The guy I was running with went to the inside of them all and cut a few off I'm sure. I could have split a few of them and made it but it would have been tight and aggressive. I chose to go outside them all to keep from freaking them out and coming too close to them. This caused me to change my braking marker and I had too much trail braking happening going on trying to ride around them all on the outside, I tucked my front.

Stupid mistake on my part and totally my fault for not paying attention to what was in front of me. I should have expected the situation and I didn't leave enough in reserve to avoid it. I should have changed my expectations of what I wanted out of the track time as soon as I knew both groups were going to be running together.

I understand you and Lizard have more experience and these situations don't come up for you and now so do I so this same thing won't be happening to me again.

Not sure how they would keep people from signing up that are not experienced intermediate but it would obviously be ideal if we could come and go on the track as we please and this was originally what I was hoping for. 20 minute sessions are a nice amount of time to get some riding in but not go so long that you are super tired. Only thing that sucks is that you then have to wait 40 minutes to get back on track thats what is appealing about the MAX time events. Oh well, maybe next time.

It is easy...you have Intermediate riders call in and talk to someone who can screen them.

I was not blaming the format just suggested it contributed to a series of poor judgments on my part that led to my accident which was completely my fault.

It was the first time for me in the advanced group and I was looking forward to getting some time with faster guys in hopes of improving my time. I was running with another guy down the back straight when suddenly there were five guys across the track braking or slowing down for the right hand turn at the end of it. I hadn't seen them in front of us through the keyhole so I didn't expect any traffic in front of us. The guy I was running with went to the inside of them all and cut a few off I'm sure. I could have split a few of them and made it but it would have been tight and aggressive. I chose to go outside them all to keep from freaking them out and coming too close to them. This caused me to change my braking marker and I had too much trail braking happening going on trying to ride around them all on the outside, I tucked my front.

Stupid mistake on my part and totally my fault for not paying attention to what was in front of me. I should have expected the situation and I didn't leave enough in reserve to avoid it. I should have changed my expectations of what I wanted out of the track time as soon as I knew both groups were going to be running together.

I understand you and Lizard have more experience and these situations don't come up for you and now so do I so this same thing won't be happening to me again.

I understand now that you posted this. Sorry about your bad luck. Are you ok? Bike not too messed up I hope?

all people lie lol

Exactly! You have a click thru that makes I riders agree that they are EXPERIENCED and agree that if we catch them fibbing they sit out annd get no refund. Second you male them call and get screened.

I understand now that you posted this. Sorry about your bad luck. Are you ok? Bike not too messed up I hope?

I wasn't hurt at all just kind of laid down on the track and slid; the bike didn't do so well and was beyond my funds and skill level to fix. Thanks for asking.

I did two track days with Fasttraxx one year and three with STT the next year then decided to try racing the following year never making it out of the intermediate group. I didn't do so well racing but I did think I could run in the advanced group at a track day event, that's why it was my first time in the advanced group.

I went to the AMA racing event in September and tried to race at Mid-Ohio after only doing intermediate track days there the year prior. I was running 1:39s all weekend at that event but felt I could do better with some help. I was hoping to improve on that time with some coaching the following year but that accident ended my ability to make those improvements. Your staff knew of my situation, was willing and eager to help, I fucked up and went down before they had the chance to assist me.

What I wanted to get out of a track day having the groups mixed didn’t work. Nothing wrong with the format, I just went in with the wrong attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

So how many sessions did you all get? I'm hesitant to sign up for one of these if its $150, they don't check to make sure everyone meets their stated criteria, and you're only getting 1.5hrs of track time. Oh and not knowing beforehand if its open track or sessions.

So how many sessions did you all get? I'm hesitant to sign up for one of these if its $150, they don't check to make sure everyone meets their stated criteria, and you're only getting 1.5hrs of track time. Oh and not knowing beforehand if its open track or sessions.

This is the course discription as shown on the Mid-Ohio website:

Max-Time Twilight Events: Open to experienced INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED riders. Intermediate riders will take the track for one 15 minute warm up session and then the advanced riders will do the same. Following the warm up sessions, all riders will be on track at the same time for the remainder of the event. Instructors will still be available to assist you at any time and the checkered flag will fly every 1/2 hour to insure that you come into the pits, take a break and get a drink before heading back out for more fun. To enroll in one of these events you should have ridden in intermediate or advanced levels at least 3 times in the past 12 months. This is to make sure you are comfortable riding with intermediate and advanced riders at the same time. These events have a riding start time of 5:00pm and an end time of DUSK. Remember, that means the ending time will vary depending on what month of the year these events are held.

This is the course discription as shown on the Mid-Ohio website:

Max-Time Twilight Events: Open to experienced INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED riders. Intermediate riders will take the track for one 15 minute warm up session and then the advanced riders will do the same. Following the warm up sessions, all riders will be on track at the same time for the remainder of the event. Instructors will still be available to assist you at any time and the checkered flag will fly every 1/2 hour to insure that you come into the pits, take a break and get a drink before heading back out for more fun. To enroll in one of these events you should have ridden in intermediate or advanced levels at least 3 times in the past 12 months. This is to make sure you are comfortable riding with intermediate and advanced riders at the same time. These events have a riding start time of 5:00pm and an end time of DUSK. Remember, that means the ending time will vary depending on what month of the year these events are held.

Riiigght, so I can read. My point is that even though that's what's stated on their site, that's not how they ran it.

Riiigght, so I can read. My point is that even though that's what's stated on their site, that's not how they ran it.

+1

I heard they ran it by separating Intermediate riders from Advanced. 30 mins for Intermediate...then rest while Advanced got 30 minutes. if they did that, it's not worth the $150. I heard there were only 3 sessions for each and if someone wreck the session ended early. That would suck.