EPIC: We are LeBron

Big Chief201

I was simply talking about all the people in that video Carl Monday, Dick Goddard, Big Chuck, Strickland, Norton Furniture guy, All people we grew up watching it was great.

I was just speaking in general. For instance every morning I look at Cleveland.com for local news and the front page is typically 3/4 Cleveland professional sports coverage and them blowing roses up LeBrons ass or who ever the star athlete of the day is. I know damn well that there is some real news buried in there but hell if I can find it. I just wish I understood the pro sports mentality and the passion that it brings to most people.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Nothing like a city whoring themselves out for 1 player. I like LeBron as much as the next guy, but really, Cleveland is that fcking desperate!?! Like I heard on the radio today, if he does leave, Modell will finally be off the hot seat as the most hated person in Cleveland.

On a seperate note, how long will it take for someone to begin and investigation into whether or not Ted Strickland used taxpayer money for his appearance?

I agree Garysol1, I think I just got sick. I watched like 1 minute skipping through it. It's just some motherfucker who throws a fucking ball in a basket 10feet in the air. Who gives a shit. Yeah, enjoy watching the game or playing it, but to act like it effects your own life one bit makes that individual a big loser. :lol: I am a Steelers fan, but I don't take it THIS serious. Get real.

I liked basketball back when Jordan and the Bulls were winning championships. Also when Michigan had the Fab 5, Rex Chapman and UK, UNLV was a badass team, etc. That's when I loved basketball. :) Awwww, the memories.:cheers:

Edited by NinjaNick

Isn't that the tune from 'Feed The World' where pop stars from around the country sang together and tried to save people from starving to death in Africa? Good to see the Cleveland folk thinking of the needs of people closer to home.

I admire the guys athleticism but agree with the other bloke - people take it too seriously.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Nothing like a city whoring themselves out for 1 player. I like LeBron as much as the next guy, but really, Cleveland is that fcking desperate!?! Like I heard on the radio today, if he does leave, Modell will finally be off the hot seat as the most hated person in Cleveland.

On a seperate note, how long will it take for someone to begin and investigation into whether or not Ted Strickland used taxpayer money for his appearance?

I agree Garysol1, I think I just got sick. I watched like 1 minute skipping through it. It's just some motherfucker who throws a fucking ball in a basket 10feet in the air. Who gives a shit. Yeah, enjoy watching the game or playing it, but to act like it effects your own life one bit makes that individual a big loser. :lol: I am a Steelers fan, but I don't take it THIS serious. Get real.

WOW.... Pathetic that they would grovel that much to a guy who plays a child's game.... Especially the state's governor! :rolleyes:

I was simply talking about all the people in that video Carl Monday, Dick Goddard, Big Chuck, Strickland, Norton Furniture guy, All people we grew up watching it was great.

these people alone made that so special! LOL i had a tear in my eye watching this!

"Otto Orf, Cleveland soccer legend".

Cleveland...soccer...legend? Oxymorons are us.

No offense to SoccerFan out there, but when I think of Cleveland, the LAST thing I think about, wait, it doesn't even come to mind, is soccer.

Kosar left, Cleveland survived. Hell, the entire football team left and Cleveland survived.

Many great baseball players have left (C.C., Thome, et al), Cleveland survived.

If James leaves, Cleveland will survive. Cavs sucked before his arrival, they'll suck again, and Cleveland will "keep on keepin' on".

Kosar left, Cleveland survived. Hell, the entire football team left and Cleveland survived.

Many great baseball players have left (C.C., Thome, et al), Cleveland survived.

If James leaves, Cleveland will survive. Cavs sucked before his arrival, they'll suck again, and Cleveland will "keep on keepin' on".

Better words have never been spoken. :cheers:

I get the nostalgia part of it Keith.... Not tryin' to be a dick to you, & sorry if it came off like that ;)

I just think it's ridiculous that all these local "celebrities" are lickin' his butt like that, & especially Strickland & Sherrod Brown.... Those 2 really aggravated me

Carl Monday, Dick Goddard, Big Chuck, Strickland, Norton Furniture guy, All people we grew up watching it was great.
that is an epic collection of famous Clevelanders

it was epic. i was expecting drew carrey to be in there too, didnt see him.

i dont get to see these guys on tv anymore since i moved outta the 330

Edited by thegame

OK, so if LeBron leaves Cleveland ticket sales will go down big time. Ticket sales go down, not a lot of money coming in. I guess they are begging him to stay in such a classy way...LOL! WOW, I thought it was funny, but so improper... I would have to agree, if I was Lebron and I wasn't leaving, I would be now...LOL!