a Father and a Craiglist Ad

BikerBoy

100511-criagslist-02.standard.jpg

I wouldn't even answer the door for them.

A family is even worse! I would've NEVER done a transaction with strangers at my home. The deal would be done in public. The story is sad and fucked up. I hated to read it, but he should've never had strangers come over to his house like that...NEVER.

+1. if i put something on craigslist, i try to do the transaction in public, Ive only had one person actually come to my house to get something, and it was free paver stones.

But I wouldnt have answered the door for them either. They dont look like theyd have $1k, even between the four of them.

Sad.

Sad that there are people like those four shitbags ready to prey on good people.

Situations like that are tough to avoid. You can't always perform every transaction "in a public place" for obvious reasons. Even if you did, they know you have the cash when you leave and could easily dust you in the parking lot, or worse - follow you home.

I've sold lots of stuff on CL, and never had a problem. Situational awareness is a big help. So's a 1911 on my hip.

I've sold lots of stuff on CL, and never had a problem. Situational awareness is a big help. So's a 1911 on my hip.

agreed. I've had 2 people in the last 2 months that I didn't know come buy my wheels and then my car and they turned out to be good people but you just never know so my S&W 9mm was right with me and made sure my roommate was home when the deal took place in case shit went down. I just don't trust anyone these days

I just don't trust anyone these days

I don't trust people much any more either.

I sold a commercial quality desk on CL just last weekend and had the same discussion with the father of the guy that bought it. He said, "remember when you used to be able to trust people until they gave you a reason not to? Now its the other way around - you can't trust anyone until the prove they can be trusted. Terrible, isn't it?"

I had to agree. Sad state of affairs these days.

Geeze, that's a terrible story. I usually meet people somewhere to sell stuff on CL but have had them to my house a few times for furniture sales. So sad that someone would lose their life over a ring... especially when the robbers could have just taken it and left it at that.

:rip:

Stuff like this makes you question whether selling things like that is even a good idea. When I sold my CBR, the guy came to pick it up, brought two guys with him, while I was home alone. They seemed trustworthy, and they turned out to be trustworthy, but the whole transaction took place in my garage, and I had my Glock under a sweatshirt--just in case.

Almost makes you think you'd be better off just selling the bike to a dealer or something, just to avoid the risk. That's really sad.

“I will become the man my dad wanted me to be,” Jimmy said. “In time I will forgive these evil people that robbed my dad from me.”

wow. forgiving people for such an evil is the hardest thing they can do. what an example. what a man he can become.

but yes selling or buying things on CL can be dangerous. interesting though i just sold a wheel today and we met up at a gas station, i was alone, he brought a guy and girl, but it went ok and he said it was his first CL transaction.

I have sold things on CL before. Some people I have met in public, some people I have come to the apartment. I don't let them inside and am always armed. My hand is either right by the grip or I have actually had it in hand hidden behind the door while I assess the person. My wife is always armed as well as a backup.

yea almost everytime i go to buy something I take a friend along....and usually meet people at public place when im selling somthing...but I've never had a unpleasant transaction. Picked up 2 workbenchs and washer/dryer this week off CL..

Y'all are seriously armed. I think I'll call someone on here for backup if I ever need it... ;-)

But yea, I agree that most of the time people can't be trusted until given reason to be trusted.

Y'all are seriously armed. I think I'll call someone on here for backup if I ever need it... ;-)

But yea, I agree that most of the time people can't be trusted until given reason to be trusted.

Yep, I dont play when it comes to my family. As all that have been to my place will attest to, my place is isolated and I know someone's comming long before they can even see the house. Its a long way up here on a road to nowhere but here so theres no reason what so ever for anyone be here unless invited and I planned it that way. Plus I've got a clear line of site to pick em off before they can ever get away and alot of room to dispose of the bodies. :)

“I will become the man my dad wanted me to be,” Jimmy said. “In time I will forgive these evil people that robbed my dad from me.”

wow. forgiving people for such an evil is the hardest thing they can do. what an example. what a man he can become.

but yes selling or buying things on CL can be dangerous. interesting though i just sold a wheel today and we met up at a gas station, i was alone, he brought a guy and girl, but it went ok and he said it was his first CL transaction.

This part was one I pointed out to my wife as well. Very good kid.

I have sold things on CL before. Some people I have met in public, some people I have come to the apartment. I don't let them inside and am always armed. My hand is either right by the grip or I have actually had it in hand hidden behind the door while I assess the person. My wife is always armed as well as a backup.

Absolutely! I am always armed... even in my own house. You never know when something may happen. This is why my kids will know how to shoot every one of my weapons as well as know where there are. When they are the right age of course.

Heck ya... Give me a call, my wife and I will be there quick like! We dont play when it comes to stupid people. We have been around the block a time or two.

Yep, I dont play when it comes to my family.

+1

thats scary im a craigslist fiend and i have never had a problem but i also did let four hoodlems come up in my house tryin to take my stuff ! i am keepin it real from now on no deals without names!