WTB: Monster, Tuono, VFR, or SV

Bad324

Finally sold my car so considering adding a second bike that has a bit more comfort to it. Budget is $5500 or less, not in a real hurry to buy so I can hold out for the perfect steal of a deal. Prefer to find something with less than 7500 miles too. I usually check craigs and ebay daily but figure you guys might know some crazy deals

Monster: 05+. 800 or 1000

Tuono: 06+ 1000r

VFR800: prefer 6th gen non vtec or possibly a low mileage 5th gen

SV: Prefer a 1000 but probably only a copper colored one

May be open to other suggestions but definitely want something comfortable and different than my 600RR

Edited by Bad324

There is a badass Tuono on C List. It has been there for a while. I bet $5,500 would get it done.

it in fact would :D. I emailed him the other day and all its needs is a front tire. I'm hoping to possibly go look at it this week. Right now out of all the ones listed I have only sat on a SV1000s so I need to check them all out first and figure which is the best fit

SV: Prefer a 1000 but probably only a copper colored one

Congratulations - you earn cool points. :cheers:

Seriously though, the Viffer or the SV will be the cheapest to acquire and maintain.

SV1ks are increasingly becoming more rare - luckily I assume engine parts can be swapped with the DL and chassis parts swapped with he SV650 - can't confirm though, I've never needed parts yet.

The Duc and the Ape will get you the most looks.

Fun factor will be greater on any of the vtwins, where the viffer strides in utilitarian/general purpose value. I'll keep an eye out, Gary already mentioned that Tuono on CL, but it just seems like an awful lot of money for a used bike, IMHO.

it in fact would :D. I emailed him the other day and all its needs is a front tire. I'm hoping to possibly go look at it this week. Right now out of all the ones listed I have only sat on a SV1000s so I need to check them all out first and figure which is the best fit

That Tuono was on my short list. After sitting on one I knew instantly that my drivers license would be in huge trouble if I actually owned one.

Congratulations - you earn cool points. :cheers:

Its the closest in color to my Camaro which is absolutely one of my favorite colors :D

Believe it or not, maintenance on the Ape is no more than a typical Japanese bike in both cost and frequency. Just don't break anything big by crashing it and you're good. Lol

This is good to know. Any opinions/advice on this one: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1741448582.html

That Tuono was on my short list. After sitting on one I knew instantly that my drivers license would be in huge trouble if I actually owned one.

How is the ergo's on that compared to the VFR?

You seem to have left out the FZ1 and Z1000 from your list :???:

I don't really know much about either. I really want a v-twin and I didn't think the FZ1 had one and well I have no idea about the z1000

Its the closest in color to my Camaro which is absolutely one of my favorite colors :D

This is good to know. Any opinions/advice on this one: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1741448582.html

I see a big ol' dent in that can, so look over the right side for any other damage. Check to make sure tail lines up with rest of body. Other than that, same list of things I told you about with the Haga rep.

How is the ergo's on that compared to the VFR?

I think the Tuono is actually more upright than the VFR, but it has higher pegs than a VFR does. So if you're long legged that's something to consider.

I don't really know much about either. I really want a v-twin and I didn't think the FZ1 had one and well I have no idea about the z1000

Both the FZ1 and the Z1000 are inline fours. I love the FZ1 ergos. All day comfy, handles good, brakes good and stupid fast.

I still havent gotten to the point where I trust it to turn after riding the Vmax for so long.

My .02, try a XX, BUSA, ZX-14 or k13. They are also comfy.

i have been keeping an eye out for an XX but they are hard to come by! I feel like a zx14 or busa would be overkill and more than I need/want to handle

pardon my ignorance...but I'm not sure I know what that means

It felt very much like a motocross bike with pretty high and wide bars. I had the feeling like the bike would have been a cinch to throw around. I was comparing the feel of the Tuono to a Yamaha YZ or a Zuki RM motocrosser. Mind you I never rode the bike......just sat on it.

I think it is maybe $800.00 to much. I would have said $1,000 to much but that shock is nice :)

I emailed him and asked if price was firm and he said he would accept a reasonable offer. To me it seems as though 4k might be a good offer for the amount of extra's it has that I would want eventually anyway