Sunday 5/23 Vagina Mash/Ride

InyaAzz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bike was still strapped up and packed in the trailer at work this morning. It is still dirty from being caught in the rain at the gap too. I lubed the chain right away when I got out of the rain so it's good to go. I will be riding a dirty, dirty bike though.

Back home safe and sound, three bikes out three bikes back no issues.

338 miles, 6:45 all the way to the river.

Quote of the day by Budell. "Get me the fuck off this road!"

536 wasn't his favorite. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I love 255.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Loved 800 and 255. Did not want 536. I hate blind corners...I hate blind corners with gravel in them even more.

Still...had a great ride. My poor CityX got a workout today.

I see why Black Tod likes 255. It's full of win.

An hour difference from your text and mine but you were probably coming back up from WV.

John came out just to say "hi" but couldn't ride because he had to work. I'm starting to get a complex, people keep coming out to our meeting place but they won't ride with us. We play nice with others, really.

You don't mind, that's funny. You know we have rules for riding in groups? It looks like all the twins have to ride in back from today’s ride. Last man to the river buys lunch for everyone. No cry babies.

Tony has his own rules, you must start before daylight and ride over 400 miles. I miss some of his rides because I’m a cry baby.

Tony has his own rules, you must start before daylight and ride over 400 miles.

Oh.. I guess I'll just ride with Tony. He doesn't let us stop for lunch on his rides.... and I'm getting a Japanese inline. (sacrilege)

Pretty much. I like to be on the road at the crack of dawn, minimize stops, and keep them under 10 minutes.

Actually, to get to the really good roads from Cleveland is at least a 400 mile ride. I just try to keep a long day from turning into a REALLY long day. Plus, I always have shit to do in the evenings. Also, getting home by 4-5 seems to to avoid the "...would you rather ride or spend time with me..." conversations.

Black Tod almost up and left Buedell because he was late showin' up.

Budell can thank John for us not leaving his ass. He got there at 10:02 and we had already discussed leaving without him. We were talking to and saying goodbye to John or we would have been gone. Most know that if they miss us at the meeting place they can catch us going down 83, I usually keep the pace around 70 mph so if you're willing to speed for a while you can catch us.

When he say's kickstands up at 10 he really means 959

Running things like a military operation seems to make for less drama. Everyone knows what to expect from me and what I expect from them. With five or ten guys with different skill levels and agendas a ride would never get finished unless the format is somewhat regimented. I still like to have fun and will help anyone with questions but we need to keep moving. It is important that the group is spread out by faster riders to slower riders unless there is a sweeper. I like to ask the guys at stops if they are happy with their position in the conga line. Some won’t pass others but should be in front of them, the larger the group the greater the chance of this taking place especially if they haven’t ridden with us before.

getting home by 4-5 seems to avoid the "...would you rather ride or spend time with me..." conversations.

Tony, I'm lucky with not having that conversation. My girlfriend still shows and trains dogs so there are times when she isn't available all day on the weekends. Win-win.

sorry i couldn't make it to either rides (not that anyone would've wanted me holding them up anyway). rode at nelson's friday and sat and the SO would've curb stomped the nuts if I rode on sunday too.

sounds like you guys had fun! maybe i can make the next one.

I knew I could catch you guys on my Harl....I mean my Buell on 83. I'm always on time, except this time I decided to take a different route...and there was the incident with hitting and dragging the road kill.

I'm taking to ZX10 out next trip. I'm not sure I'm digging the insanely tight wheel base anymore.

After the entertainment portion of our ride is over and we are just commuting back home he doesn't like to be left behind by the 1Ks like he is riding a scooter.

The guys also now know why I made this post about that crazy 15 mph decreasing radius curve on 536.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=29234