Time to find me a 2002 Busa

DTM Brian

This Color Scheme

t_877.jpg

Yup. I think I want one. I can then hang out with Sam Busa and his sheep!!

One of my all time favorite "factory paint" colors. I'm all for you getting a Busa but it's not needed to hang with me. You're cooler than the flip side of a pillow;)

One of my all time favorite "factory paint" colors. I'm all for you getting a Busa but it's not needed to hang with me. You're cooler than the flip side of a pillow;)

you cheatin on me bitch???:D

If you want a GEN1, I'd get an '03-up, but that's just me... there were a couple of (in)significant changes between '99-'02 & '03-up models. After 2003, they're all pretty much the same, except for cosmetics.

Out of curiosity what were the changes?

Out of curiosity what were the changes?

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-R-series/GSX1300R-Hayabusa.shtml

http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/summary.htm <--- Best summary.

Basically, the biggest change is the 32-bit ECU vs. the 16-bit in the '02 and older. Smoother fuel maps.

The older older ones ('99-early '00 models) had a swingarm issue. '99-'02 had some starter issues. '03s had a new starter clutch to correct this - plus some other minor nitpicky things you can read about in the hyp4r.com link. I consider the '03 model the first model where they "fixed all the bugs" from the initial '99 release.

After '03, from what I recall, the only change was amber plastic turn signal lamps to clear plastic lamps in '04 and up (plus the color scheme changes)

Unrestricting the later model ones is a simple $60 part (TRE - and that's if you don't want to make the jumper harness yourself, it's even cheaper then). They just can't claim to be the "fastest production bikes" because they need an aftermarket part to get the same results from the '99-00 OE bikes.

Those early models had swingarm problems too, avoid.

:wtf::nono: So whats the story here? Why you wanna sell that beast?

I am going to get serious about selling it very soon.

My new job allows me even less time to ride than before. It has 2400 miles on it and it sits in my storage shed.

We are expecting our first in October and after that, it will be even worse. I have decided to get a Challenger or Camaro SS.....something that the whole family can enjoy....

not sure if its the same one...but have a friend of a friend thats selling an 02 black/blue busa with 16k (he thinks) for $5500. Since he said he "thinks" about the mileage I'm curious if that craigs ad is the one he is talking about