Looking for Good Windshield Referrals

KruelHouse

As luck would have it, I recently discovered a crack coming down from the top of my windshield that's about 12-14" in length. I'm looking for information on the BEST places to call, and also, who I should STAY AWAY FROM.

I'm fairly certain that it's going to have to be replaced, and I don't want a messy replacement job being done on my baby.

Thanks in advance!

In the last 10 years, I have had to replace 2 windshields. Both times SafeLite auto glass came out, did a very prefessional job, and were as cost competitive as anyone out there.

With all the advertising they do, and as big as they are, they had better do a good job! :lol: I just didn't know about their pricing.

With all the advertising they do, and as big as they are, they had better do a good job! :lol: I just didn't know about their pricing.

Same here! I obviously had them in mind due to that d@mned "Safelite Repair... Safelite Replace" jingle that's CONSTANTLY stuck in my head. However, I've noticed that sometimes when dealing with big companies that advertise heavily, the price is usually insane (to cover the advertising expense); that or they suck (and that's why they advertise, because they won't get any good word of mouth referrals).

Thanks guys!

...that d@mned "Safelite Repair... Safelite Replace" jingle that's CONSTANTLY stuck in my head...!

Now I've got that earworm too. Thanks, a-hat...:D

Only had one replaced in almost 30 years :confused: Lucky, I guess. Safelite came out and did it; they were recommended/I was told by the insurance company (Nationwide) to use them.

They showed up when they said they would, didn't make a mess, windshield doesn't leak. That's about all I require - no leaks.

Don't know how they are price-wise, insurance picked up the tab.

honestly it doesn't matter who you call, it all comes down to the guy doing your car.

I had Harmon auto glass replace mine and can't complain. $210 with tax.

That's true, but a company's rep is based on the people they have do the job. If they have people doing crappy work, they're not going to keep them, or at least they will get them the training they need to do the job better.

Just called my insurance company, and set up an appt. with SafeLite. Thanks for all of the feedback guys!

was just about to say...

Don't know about current situations, but in the past, I could call my insurance company, and they would have a half price or better deal somewhere. If you have collision, you might even get it free. That's the way it used to be, I have no idea if it's true today.