requirements to race bike at dragway 42

drummerjay

im not new to drag racing but this will be my first trip with the bike.2009 ZX6r Thinking of going to 42 tuesday night. Just want to make sure what I have to wear for them to be happy. Leather or textile jacket? Are jeans ok? And footwear, do they care? Thanks

im not new to drag racing but this will be my first trip with the bike.2009 ZX6r Thinking of going to 42 tuesday night. Just want to make sure what I have to wear for them to be happy. Leather or textile jacket? Are jeans ok? And footwear, do they care? Thanks

Track / Office Phone (419) 853-4242 Give them a call and find out bro;)

The basics are:

Bike must have a tethered shut off switch.

Rider must wear DOT and Snell 2005 or better full face helmet, jeans, leather gloves, boots and leather jacket.

If you go over 120 mph then you must wear full leathers, pants and jacket.

Faster than 10.00 requires an NHRA license.

and those are the rules to compete.

dragway 42 isnt as strict, i doubt you will need the cutoff switch, and if youre faster than 10.00 at a test n tune or something, theyre not going to care about the license....theyre also not going to check if your gear is rated or not, i saw schmelmer run 9s in pleather thrift store pants at dway 42....but in an actual event if you were to enter, you need to have certified gear...you would be surprised what doesnt pass...my icon motorhead leather jacket isnt certified, it says right on the tag that it is not considered "safety equipment"...so thats something else to be conscious of

Edited by Steve Butters

I know they were never strict the very few times we took our cars there. They never even look at the car or our equipment. A 10 second and an 8.90 car. I guess i just wanted to know mainly if jeans are ok and if i should wear boots? I emailed the track but have not heard back.