First time down.

Radio Flyer

Took a spill out on the ride with my buddy today. Went into a turn a little too hot for not knowing the roads and my line was an entire turn of gravel. Tried to correct and ended up low siding.

Gear worked like it should. Slid on my stomach into the grass. Gloves boots and jacket did their jobs. Little rash on my hips and my khaki pants don't have a mark on them.

Probably went down around 35-40 after all the breaking and stuff came into effect.

Need a brake lever and front fairing and I'm good to go. Probably need to replace my gloves I bought 2 weeks ago too.

Lesson learned, learn the roads you're riding on first.

Thanks, got up and had some giggles about the matter afterward. Got the experience out of the way and now I know what to expect I guess. I'm glad I know all my money spent on gear was worth it.

Ordered a front fairing already and now I just need this brake lever fixed and I'm back on the road.

We were Coshocton/ Mt. Vernon area. I don't know where exactly it was but they weren't real big curves. It was light turns I would consider but the entire turn was gravel and I set my line up to follow the gravel the entire way through before I saw it start. Couldn't see if a car was coming the other way so I figured my safest bet was trying to straighten out and go straight into the field.

I only need my rear brake lever ordered and I'm good to go. Found a fairing that has a minor scuff on it and bought it already. Ordering another pair of A* GP gloves and I'm good as new.

All the other damage is just rock chips and a very minor dent in my pipe.

I want my bike painted anyway so this is just a good excuse is the way I see it.

Now you just got to get it back together so we can head back out. we'll get that brake lever used, $60 is way too much for that thing. Care to inform the rest up the forum as to how long you had to wait on me today? and thanks for stopping old blue, it was nice meeting you, and to to the other guy that stopped I didn't catch your name.

Oh, and thanks to Old Blue and the other guy on here for stopping.

Other guy here- glad u were ok man! Not u got the first one out the way hope u get ur stuff andback on the road soon. :-)

Oh yeah, u were on 715 jus west of the dam

Edited by 600ZZ4eb