05 Ninja ZX6R

Bad324

Look into the 2nd gear issue extensively. That's one of those things that probably won't be a problem, but is a big deal if it happens.

Cheap(ish) to fix yourself, but that's if you feel comfortable opening up a transmission...

As far as rearsets go, I would replace stock with stock. Aftermarket rearsets (vortex and woodcraft are the 2 brands I trust) will likely make the bike less comfortable, because they're going to move your feet up and back at least an inch. Vortex's are adjustable, but even their lowest setting is noticeably higher than stock.

If you want to drop by my house, I can show you a direct comparison with your honda next to mine. Actually, I'd be really interested in seeing the difference myself, because I bought my RR with the Woodcrafts on it.

Edited by redkow97

Look into the 2nd gear issue extensively. That's one of those things that probably won't be a problem, but is a big deal if it happens.

Cheap(ish) to fix yourself, but that's if you feel comfortable opening up a transmission...

As far as rearsets go, I would replace stock with stock. Aftermarket rearsets (vortex and woodcraft are the 2 brands I trust) will likely make the bike less comfortable, because they're going to move your feet up and back at least an inch. Vortex's are adjustable, but even their lowest setting is noticeably higher than stock.

Is there a typical mileage/age/use point where that becomes an issue?

Stock it will remain then, this would strictly be a street bike. I did a little looking and it appears that 07/8 rear sets also fit and they are black too so that is what I would probably do

If theres a 2nd gear issue then expect to see it in higher mileage bikes (about 20k). I think the dogs are just getting worn maybe? I dont know for sure...not a tranny guy.

You wont really be able to check out the tranny unless you test ride the bike under hard acceleration in first gear and shifting into 2nd. Then during deceleration see if the bike will pop into neutral from second without engaging the clutch.

Again check out Kawiforums...search button is your friend.

Congrats. I love my bike.

Now start picking up mods ASAP! I would suggest full exhaust, PC3 and -1/+2 on the gearing. After those things its basically a new bike. Im still saving up for a PC3 and a proper tune...but I LOVE my full arrow exhaust. Its loud (in a good way)...but sounds like pure sex.

Congrats. I love my bike.

Now start picking up mods ASAP! I would suggest full exhaust, PC3 and -1/+2 on the gearing. After those things its basically a new bike. Im still saving up for a PC3 and a proper tune...but I LOVE my full arrow exhaust. Its loud (in a good way)...but sounds like pure sex.

I'm sure it will happen soon enough but first thing is going to be replacing the rear set and tail and getting a fender eliminator. I wanna ride it stock just to see what its all about but if I decide to keep it then the good mods will come :D

Although if I do keep it, I'm highly considering giving a full set of aftermarket fairings a shot.