Eastern Ohio Noob (Shadyside, OH)

o0xerog0o

Hello all, the name's Mark and I am typing to you from Shadyside, OH, right across the river from Wheeling, WV. I'm 23 years old and drive a box truck for Frito-Lay to pay the bills...

I've always been a motorhead, if it looked cool and was fast, I like it. I've been through all different types of vehicles, imports, mini-trucks, hot rods, classic cruisers and muscle cars. My current ride is an '09 Mustang GT that I bought brand new last spring, since then I've installed a JLT cold air intake, SCT tuner, bamaspeed.com 91 octane performance tune and a side exhaust for performance. My heart's always been in the auto body field (worked 3 years as head painter at a local shop), so I installed the Cervini's C-Series body kit and laid out the super snake stripe from front to back, as well as tinting the turn signals and tails to match my theme...

The time has come for me to move into my next phase, and that's why I bought my first bike a couple weeks ago. It's a 2009, Diablo Black, Kawasaki Ninja EX500R. I learned the basics on my buddy's Ninja 250, and decided that I'd easily outgrow that bike within the riding season, so the 500 seemed just right.

I can't wait to get to know other Ohio riders, and hopefully I'll be able to find some more local bikers to ride with. Thanks for having me!

Here are some pics of my daily.

My fog lights cam in the day after I took this pic, just haven't had the time to get back out with the wide angle lens and re-shoot this pic...

4457698568_725c0e0bb7_b.jpg

Mustang Cruise in State College, PA last fall

4457708414_4967ea7625_o.jpg

4457708386_ce05b1882b_o.jpg

Definitely, there's plenty of sweeping/twisty country roads out here, Rt. 9 is especially nice in certain areas, as is 250 when you don't get stuck behind semi's or grandmas... If any of you are in the area, lemme know, we'll take a cruise!

i really like 88 out through olglebay and into PA

I have yet to take the Ninja out 88 yet, but a lot of guys in the area really love that road for cruising. I've hit 250 out through Washington, PA quite a few times with hot rod cruises, and look forward to doing the same thing on the bike in the near future.

Thanks again to everyone for the welcomes!

Nice ride.. Hope you haven't hit any deer in that thing. I used to live in Point Pleasant, WV. 3 deer in 2 years + COUNTLESS near misses...

No deer, but 2 weeks after I completed the body work, I hit a raccoon at 60mph, causing $3600+ in damages, and put the car out of commission for 3 months due to unavailable parts.

A couple months ago, we had that huge hail storm come through town. The paintless dent repair company counted 650+ hail dents and I'm still fighting with the insurance company to replace my hood. The hail put two 1.5" cracks in it, and the insurance company tells me that I have to prove that the hail caused the damage... When I showed them the pictures I toof of the car the night before, and the pictures of the golfball sized hail as it's falling onto my car in the driveway, they say that that's not enough evidence to get them to replace the hood. I'm still moving my way higher and higher in State Farm until I talk to the right person that approves it. Bastards