A Soldier's dirty old CB650 NiteHawk

fazer1sniper

Very nice, I got a shaft drive model sitting in pieces and parts in my garage, mine has the slash cut looking pipes. I bought as a project, but it has to wait cause i have two other projects. It got painted with fleck stone tan rattle can, why I don't know.

It may go up for sale before too long.

So what's the next project?

Can't wait.

Wife's 92 VFR750 Interceptor. Just finished the carb rebuilds today and got it fired up. Love that V-4 sound. Re-spray in the the spirt of a classic RC-30. Red, white &blue, gold Honda wings, HRC markings, gold pinstripe, RC-36 markings. Think the Honda flaming Woody Woodpecker in it somewhere. Will be starting as soon as some money grows back.

Wife's 92 VFR750 Interceptor. Just finished the carb rebuilds today and got it fired up. Love that V-4 sound. Re-spray in the the spirt of a classic RC-30. Red, white &blue, gold Honda wings, HRC markings, gold pinstripe, RC-36 markings. Think the Honda flaming Woody Woodpecker in it somewhere. Will be starting as soon as some money grows back.

awe damn! You have a money tree?! I knew mom was full of shit!

Enjoyed my last day off today. Took a 60 mile ride with Dale on his CB600 and me on the FZ1. The point was to go hit spots that had a decent summer weight riding jacket for him. The Nitehawk ran fine. No issues to speak of. He did miss a gear in some LOW speed traffic once, but thats it. He said seeing me and the wife all geared up made him think and he had to get some stuff as his funds permited. He still needs gloves ansd wants some up-armored jeans when he can swing it. He ended up with this Shift Backdraft mesh w liner & a day visor for his HJC lid...

74872941f5c032e1fc3460ad8db64ba8_refined.jpg

He still needs gloves

Got this email today about these Cortech gloves on sale at NewEnough. Not sure, but they look like a pretty sweet deal to me for full gauntlet gloves, & would probably be in his budget.....

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/gloves/cortech_by_tour_master/injector_motorcycle_gloves.html

m005.jpg

m003.jpg

m00.jpg

Dude.... That thing came out sharp as hell!! Love that white, graphite & silver combo you did! White raised letter tires, with the drag bars & those old school dual pipes on both sides.... Bike looks BADAZZ!! Major thumbs up... Can't quit lookin' at the pix!

** I bet some bar end mirrors would reeeally set off those drag bars nicely!

Edited by Fonzie

Unbelievable what you did for that kid!! You're a good man Charlie Brown! ;)

Still droolin' over these pix :D

Aerik.... Your mom's bike looks super clean

Unbelievable what you did for that kid!! You're a good man Charlie Brown! ;)

Still droolin' over these pix :D

Aerik.... Your mom's bike looks super clean

It is a really great little bike-- lots of fun for its age, too. The pic doesn't show, but the damned thing still has the factory warning stickers on the tank. Only real cosmetic issue is a bar-ding in the tank, where some idiot in the last 25 years has dropped it.

When I bought it, it had cracks from over-torquing in the oil filter cover (since replaced), and the final drive oil cap was messed up. No other problems, aside from the regulator/rectifier dying tonight. :(

** I bet some bar end mirrors would reeeally set off those drag bars nicely!

I aggree 100%, Young Dale did not dig the idea of the bar ends. Think since this is his first bike I'ts a fear of drop thing right now.

No other problems, aside from the regulator/rectifier dying tonight. :(

That sux! Must be a mid 80's thing. Before 'Birdy, I had an '82 Yamaha Vision 550. Sharp bike that I picked up from a former coworker for $500. Only problem was.... 3 weeks after I bought it, the stator & r/r started actin' up, & gave me nothin' but problems for the next couple years.

Got tired of always wrenchin' on it & never ridin', so finally got smart & sold it for a :honda:

Edited by Fonzie

• 6 months later...

When I saw this old thread pop up, my first thought was, "Oh no, don't tell me the soldier gave his life." It may be awful to say, but I was relieved when I saw it was his old man.

I want to echo what others have said and commend you for doing a very good deed for both father and son.

I compare it to a case on another forum I frequent, where a guy bought a nearly new sportbike with about 150 miles on it from a soldier being deployed to Afghanistan because the bike wouldn't run. Paid the soldier $3,600 for it. The problem? The main engine fuse had been accidentally pulled, came loose, whatever. Buyer replaced the fuse and had a new bike, which he's now trying to flip. Not illegal, but not exactly a good deed done to a guy who's halfway around the world with people shooting at him and trying to blow him up.

When I saw this old thread pop up, my first thought was, "Oh no, don't tell me the soldier gave his life." It may be awful to say, but I was relieved when I saw it was his old man.

I want to echo what others have said and commend you for doing a very good deed for both father and son.

Same things that ran through my head at first, before I read further

Sorry to hear about your neighbor & friend Snipe